What's new

When did Weber stop making the Polished Head or stop manufacturing in general?

I started in this hobby with my first (and only, until my Feather AS-D2 is delivered soon) DE razor being a Weber Polished Head with Bulldog handle. I was looking to order an additional few to store in the safe for my boys and was disappointed to see that they aren't available anymore.

When did these become unobtaininum?

It's been a while. Probably around 5 years ago? Honestly there are lots of better razors available now. The Weber was priced well but not very well made. Mine made the blade corners stick up and that caused me some pretty rough shaves.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Yes, time flies by.... they have stopped making razors years ago. I had two of them but sold both. Now I really feel like a fool because they were great razors.

In all fairness, once the Feather comes in (hopefully this week), if it performs as I Hope, the Weber will likely his the BST forums to cover the cost of the Feather, or possibly go toward a Timeless with Polished barbershop handle. Eep.

It's been a while. Probably around 5 years ago? Honestly there are lots of better razors available now. The Weber was priced well but not very well made. Mine made the blade corners stick up and that caused me some pretty rough shaves.

I must have been lucky, mine was perfect when made and didn’t suffer any QC issues.

I obtained my Weber when they were first released and the quality was outstanding. Later ones experienced the quality issues. As I recall the owner tried to correct the problems, but finally just stopped production. I have many razors, but my Weber is one of my favorites.

As stated Weber stopped production of their razors which were cast not machined. However, their handles are still being produced.

No the handles are not being produced. It’s just an old website. Click the links you can’t buy anything.

I do have 3 Weber’s and love them dearly. It was my second razor after my Merkur 34C. It’s still in great shape and in my rotation.

The problem was to many people whinged and moaned about the blade not being perfectly straight. Some were slightly uneven and it made the blade appear as though it was bowing down or up in a few spots. The creator accepted returns and tried to make it right.

As more people saw and read about the “issues” more people noticed theirs was the same way and they all clamoured to have their heads “repaired”.

IMHO my razor has the same blade bend. And it shaves wonderfully. And for MiM stainless steel the price was spectacular.

I wish people had just laid off the poor guys unless it actually gave you a bad shave.

I don’t blame them shutting their doors. They were losing lots of money for something they had as a “side business”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine's my favorite razor (ahead of Razorock Game Changer .68 and Feather AS-D2). The razor is rock solid, heavy, great knurling on the Bulldog handle, and no wave between base plate and Polished Head.

My Weber (with the Classic handle) is just fine too, with no wavy blade or any other issues. I was disappointed when they went out of production.

No the handles are not being produced. It’s just an old website. Click the links you can’t buy anything.

I do have 3 Weber’s and love them dearly. It was my second razor after my Merkur 34C. It’s still in great shape and in my rotation.

The problem was to many people whinged and moaned about the blade not being perfectly straight. Some were slightly uneven and it made the blade appear as though it was bowing down or up in a few spots. The creator accepted returns and tried to make it right.

As more people saw and read about the “issues” more people noticed theirs was the same way and they all clamoured to have their heads “repaired”.

IMHO my razor has the same blade bend. And it shaves wonderfully. And for MiM stainless steel the price was spectacular.

I wish people had just laid off the poor guys unless it actually gave you a bad shave.

I don’t blame them shutting their doors. They were losing lots of money for something they had as a “side business”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, they haven't had any handle inventory available on their eBay storefront in close to a year, at least. Heads not available for sale for 5 years or so.

My Weber PH with bulldog handle is one of my favorite razors. Mine also has a slight blade smile, but it shaves great. It's like a more aggressive/efficient version of the Merkur safety bar head without the worries of Zamac disintegration. I will never part with it, and I use it as a testbed for new DE blade brands.

Top Bottom