What's new

When AI writes Razor Reviews

Wow. Good one. So very, very weird to read. I never even would have thought of someone using A.I. to post this. It's the only thing that fits the bizarre presentation. How did you find this and what do you think the purpose is? Someone just playing around on the internet?

Wow, that’s bizarre. So many really weird statements, like:

”What Can Be Improved: Sharp Edge. The head of the razor does not have a sharp edge. You can order sharper razors and use them with them for a cleaner and perfect shave”

“For my recommendation, the best razor is made of grass, and it is heavy. Thanks to the heavy weight, users could avoid the hurts from the razor’s cutting.”

I wonder what the story is with this website. I actually bought my first DE razor from Lee’s Razors, ten years ago, and he was one of the leading online shaving retailers at the time.

Wow. Good one. So very, very weird to read. I never even would have thought of someone using A.I. to post this. It's the only thing that fits the bizarre presentation. How did you find this and what do you think the purpose is? Someone just playing around on the internet?
It was a story on my Google home page. So it's likely a paid ad. Oof

Wow, that’s bizarre. So many really weird statements, like:

”What Can Be Improved: Sharp Edge. The head of the razor does not have a sharp edge. You can order sharper razors and use them with them for a cleaner and perfect shave”

“For my recommendation, the best razor is made of grass, and it is heavy. Thanks to the heavy weight, users could avoid the hurts from the razor’s cutting.”

I wonder what the story is with this website. I actually bought my first DE razor from Lee’s Razors, ten years ago, and he was one of the leading online shaving retailers at the time.
They hired a budget online marketer who uses cheap AI to write ad copy. My guess

“To check the quality of the blade here we tell you the simplest trick.

Hold the razor head with your thumb. Try to slide the blade in.

During the process, if the blade should form a ring on your thumb, the blade is good. Otherwise, you can see the next razors.”

A little dangerous, isn’t? :)

That’s actually fascinating. In a few years I bet the algorithms will get better and better and so will the final texts. Interesting times are coming, not only for razor reviews.

One will be able to Press a button, publish a web page with affiliated links, pay some small amount to advertise them, and make profits from the purchases.

Thanks for sharing

I'm guessing they outsourced writing this to someone who doesn't speak English and that person just used an auto translator. They did a good enough job of it too; no one was meant to read it. The point is to associate each of those razors with searches for "best single-edge razors" in a way that looks legitimate enough for Google's algorithm.

That’s actually fascinating. In a few years I bet the algorithms will get better and better and so will the final texts. Interesting times are coming, not only for razor reviews.

One will be able to Press a button, publish a web page with affiliated links, pay some small amount to advertise them, and make profits from the purchases.

Thanks for sharing
AI is already vastly superior to this. This is old technology. Google lambda might even be alive and can hold very interning conversations

I'm guessing they outsourced writing this to someone who doesn't speak English and that person just used an auto translator. They did a good enough job of it too; no one was meant to read it. The point is to associate each of those razors with searches for "best single-edge razors" in a way that looks legitimate enough for Google's algorithm.
Idk. If I wasn't meant to read it why was it recommended as a real news article? I couldn't tell if this was auto translation errors or AI text generation errors. Tbh they are pretry much identical

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'm going to show this to a friend that's in the "grass" industry, the kind President Clinton didn't inhale.

I'm thinking he and I might be able to use all those stems he sells and make Disposable Grass Razors doggone!

Instead of tossing them, the consumer could just put 'em in their pipes!

Reminds of of the book of "poetry" written by a program called Racter (short for raconteur) titled (after one of the lines) titled The Policeman's Beard Is Half Constructed. Entertaining in a similar way.

Top Bottom