What's new

What's your workout today?

I try to do exercises 4-5 times a week for half an hour. I started doing this recently, 2 weeks ago. I am more interested not in losing weight, but in improving my health. At work, I sit at the computer. Because of this, my back always hurts. So I want to strengthen the muscles of the whole body. If I exercise regularly, I feel more energetic, active and enduring. I hope that I will not stop doing exercises, because sometimes I am very lazy, especially after a hard day's work.

I try to do exercises 4-5 times a week for half an hour. I started doing this recently, 2 weeks ago. I am more interested not in losing weight, but in improving my health. At work, I sit at the computer. Because of this, my back always hurts. So I want to strengthen the muscles of the whole body. If I exercise regularly, I feel more energetic, active and enduring. I hope that I will not stop doing exercises, because sometimes I am very lazy, especially after a hard day's work.

I’ve had a WO routine for a few years that involves deadlifts and squats. I’ve found that I never have back pain from sitting in a chair (like you I’m usually in front of a computer all day). I also find that I have better posture while walking or standing.

For the past few years the WO routine “in theory” involved 4 WO per week. But the reality was that I traveled a lot, so in a given month I was lucky to get in the full 4 WO twice. Then COVID hit and I was working from home. Now I had time to do 4 WO per week. But I am 56 and after about 5 months I was starting to wear down because 5 hours/week of weight training was a bit much. Now I’m trying to keep it at 4 hours - if I can get to 4 WO in a week, I try to do a short run for one of them. Seems to be working a bit better.

And since the thread is ”What was your workout today?”
Well yesterday it was
Back squats
Bench Press pyramid (trying out a pyramid for really one of the first times, usually I do all sets at the same weight)
Bent Over Row
Inverse Row
Upright Row
Weighted Crunch
Skull Crushers
Standing DB curls

For about 2 years now I’ve been running a Full Body WO - that way if I miss a WO its no big deal, I’m still going to hit those muscles 2 days later.

Today, if I get my butt off the couch :)
Hip Thrusters
Bulgarian Split Squats
DB overhead press
pull ups
DB declined Bench Press
a few lower body ab exercises
Overhead triceps extensions and tricep kickbacks
inclined DB curls and preacher curls

Sunday is my trash day - WO most likely to be skipped. All the top tier exercises are on other days.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Wow, over a year since my last post. Back at the gym, resistance training and upping the cardio with strenuous mountain hikes weekly. More fit than last year, a slow process, still playing pickle ball.

I aim to get in a half hour of exercise at least four to five days a week. I only started doing this about two weeks ago. Improving my health is a higher priority for me than reducing my body fat at this point. At work, I do most of my work on the computer. As a result of this, my back aches all the time. Therefore, one of my goals is to build up the strength in all of my muscles. When I exercise on a regular basis, I have increased vigor, activity, and stamina. I really hope that I won't get to the point where I quit working out since there are times when I am really lethargic, particularly after a long day at work.

I trained back, biceps and triceps today. My today's workout was as follows: Pull-ups. Bent over rows. Close grip lat pulldown. Seated row. Skull crushers. with ranboo music.

2.3 mile run. It was my second run in idk how many years. I ran a similar route on 7/12.

Feels good to be moving!
I have kept at it since my last post.

Those 2.3 mile runs felt like accomplishments back in July, and they were a good start.

Today (I guess Yesterday now!), I ran a little over 5 miles at a 7:50/mile pace. Sunday was a run just over 10 miles.

I had scheduled my first half marathon for April 2nd, but I trained too well and ran it February 19th.

I have lost a lot of extra fat from my neck and face. Don't worry though, I still have it on my belly and love handles! That wasn't the reason I started running, but it's a lovely side effect!

As of now, I don't plan on running a full marathon. However, I never thought I would run that 13.1 miles, so I guess we'll see where the road takes me.

Top Bottom