What's new

Whats your usual before and post shave routine?

Not postshave as in balms or splashes..but tasks or activities that usually take place either side of your shave. Also, do you have specific times that you allocate to it all?

I’ll start with my weekday routine. I’m a slave to the clock and every minute that isn’t routine ruins my day :

5:30am Wake up and brush teeth, wash face
5:45am Workout
6:30am Shave
7:00am Shower ( ive always showered after a shave )
7:30am Start Work

Currently im working from home due to the COVID lockdown so i have breakfast a bit late, say around 9am. If this was a normal time, my routine would be :

5:00 wake up
5:15 Workout
6:00am Breakfast
6:30am Shave
7:00am Shower
7:10 Get Dressed
7:20 Ouf the door to leave for work. I always pick out my clothes the night before and live less than 3kms away from work, so it saves quite a bit of time.

Weekends are most relaxed ofcourse. I don’t shave on Saturdays but will shave the first thing after waking up on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're a machine. My typical weekday looks like this:

7:00 wake up, brush teeth
7:05 First cup of coffee and start work (I've worked from home for years, so no change)
7:30 Coffee
1:00 Lunch
3:00 Coffee
7:00 Dinner
9:00 Shower
9:30 Shave (every other day)
10:00 Back to work
2:00 Sleep

Weekends I let the wind blow me wherever it wants me to go.

Pretty exciting life, huh?! There's plenty of downtime in there. My wife works from home as well and our daughter is home from college during COVID, so a lot of interaction scattered throughout.

I'm working from home so this has been my weekday schedule since last March.

5:30 AM- Wake up , shower , shave and brush teeth
6:00AM- Coffee, Coffee, Coffee,
7:00AM- Start work

I have worked from home for years but now with my 8 year old daughter doing remote learning, I get to sleep in. She doesn’t start school until 9:30.

So now I am COVID lazy...

8:00-ish - wake up, check work email on my iPhone
8:30 - Walk the dogs then make sure my daughter is fed
9:00 - Start work - video calls, emails, customer calls, etc.
9:15 - Get the kid set up ready for a day of zoom school
12:00 - Quick bite for lunch and shower and shave

Work to 5-6, dinner at 6-7, bed by 10:30, read until about midnight... rinse, repeat.

I’m semiretired so I:
Sleep
Wake up at 6
Shower
Eat breakfast
Go to my volunteer job
Come home in early afternoon
Have a mid day lunch
Exercise
Read on the internet (B &B)
Have dinner
Play my bass guitar
Then soon before bed,
I Will Shave!!!
(best part of the whole day)

Before: Morning fetch with dog, breakfast, oral hygiene.

After: Clean up sink, get dressed, and then, start he day's chores and / or errands.

I like to get to work early for a parking space and to avoid traffic, so on workout days I get up early. Drink some coffee, stretch, head out the door. When I get back:

Shower; dry hair
Apply my soap or cream for the day's shave
Perform a few chores during the 3 minute wait, like apply deodorant, make the bed, etc.
Shave and clean up
Breakfast, package my lunch, slop the feline hogs, and clean up their sty
Finish my own grooming (brush hair and teeth, cologne)
And I'm off.

On non-workout days, pretty much the same, but I can get up an hour later. On weekends, no need to do up the lunch item, but otherwise it's about the same too.

I have always been an early riser (usually before LOTH).
I generally have breakfast, shower, then focus on ENJOYING my daily shaves!! :a29:

Top Bottom