What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

I don't think we have a tea of the day thread so ,with your permission , I'll start one. I like the "milk tea" in the Burmese restaurants , also a good traditional chai tea. You need a good strong black tea for these , so after a little research I ended up with a Black Assam CTC ( CUT , TEAR,CURL ) Indian tea. I made a nice Burmese milk tea using one heaping teaspoon for a 12oz glass..... Delicious , but I very soon felt the caffeine " buzz ".This tea is potent, even more so via the CTC processing .Flavor is great, but you have to be sure and limit the brew time to 1 or 2 minutes or you'll get bitterness. Sadly not organic , this is the choice of most street tea vendors do to
Screenshot 2022-12-04 100644.jpg
81jwshbRRjL._SL1500_.jpg
811mLzQR8gL._SL1500_.jpg
71SZjYp44xL._SL1500_.jpg
it's good flavor , fast brewing and price. A 2 lb bag at my local Indian market is less than $10. Cheap, but very nice quality.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Great idea and thanks!

I do drink tea every day, but frequently low-end iced tea. Good Nilgiri is best for iced tea, but today.... It's box store "floor sweepings! " tea bags! 🤣 But with decent color and taste. Some local honey added due to lingering cold symptoms.

AA

I buy my tea online called Kent and Sussex Tea, and buy a number of a different types and make my own blends.

My current favourites are a spoon of small leaf Assam Broken Orange Pekoe, and a spoon of larger leaf China Black Tea.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Not sure if this counts as a tea but during the winter months my wife has a daily cup of salabat tea which is made by adding slices of peeled ginger to hot water along with honey and a slice of calamansi which is a type of small lemon. The longer the ginger remains in the water the stronger the flavour. She says it aids recovery from a cough, cold, or sore throat, and also helps to maintain general good health. I drink it occasionally and it is delicious, but prefer coffee as my daily drink.

Not sure if this counts as a tea but during the winter months my wife has a daily cup of salabat tea which is made by adding slices of peeled ginger to hot water along with honey and a slice of calamansi which is a type of small lemon. The longer the ginger remains in the water the stronger the flavour. She says it aids recovery from a cough, cold, or sore throat, and also helps to maintain general good health. I drink it occasionally and it is delicious, but prefer coffee as my daily drink.
Reading that brought back many childhood memories...
Do you grow your own calamansi ?

I don't think we have a tea of the day thread so ,with your permission , I'll start one. I like the "milk tea" in the Burmese restaurants , also a good traditional chai tea. You need a good strong black tea for these , so after a little research I ended up with a Black Assam CTC ( CUT , TEAR,CURL ) Indian tea. I made a nice Burmese milk tea using one heaping teaspoon for a 12oz glass..... Delicious , but I very soon felt the caffeine " buzz ".This tea is potent, even more so via the CTC processing .Flavor is great, but you have to be sure and limit the brew time to 1 or 2 minutes or you'll get bitterness. Sadly not organic , this is the choice of most street tea vendors do to View attachment 1566936View attachment 1566937View attachment 1566938View attachment 1566939it's good flavor , fast brewing and price. A 2 lb bag at my local Indian market is less than $10. Cheap, but very nice quality.
That looks delicious. My daily cuppa lately has been quite simple. PG Tips Gold with a splash of whole milk. Also some loose leaf East Frisian from Upton Tea if I want something in the afternoon.
I don't think we have a tea of the day thread so ,with your permission , I'll start one. I like the "milk tea" in the Burmese restaurants , also a good traditional chai tea. You need a good strong black tea for these , so after a little research I ended up with a Black Assam CTC ( CUT , TEAR,CURL ) Indian tea. I made a nice Burmese milk tea using one heaping teaspoon for a 12oz glass..... Delicious , but I very soon felt the caffeine " buzz ".This tea is potent, even more so via the CTC processing .Flavor is great, but you have to be sure and limit the brew time to 1 or 2 minutes or you'll get bitterness. Sadly not organic , this is the choice of most street tea vendors do to View attachment 1566936View attachment 1566937View attachment 1566938View attachment 1566939it's good flavor , fast brewing and price. A 2 lb bag at my local Indian market is less than $10. Cheap, but very nice quality.

Top Bottom