What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
IMG_1236.jpeg

@linty1 and @Eric_75

You guys have got me interested in the tisanes again. My wife is at Publix right now and I just called her to look for Red Zinger or another hibiscus one. Be interesting to try it iced.

Enablers...but I have been trying to cut back the caffeine, so thanks.

It seems my local Meijer, Kroger and Walmart don't stock it according to their websites. I'll have to check some of my other local markets.
I see that now. I wonder if it was discontinued? Publix didn't have it last night. My local Wal Mart is showing in stock, though. Some reviews on YT have said how hard it is to find. Best bet is to just buy dried hibiscus leaves and make your own. That's what I'll do next. A pound is like $13 on-line but apparently really cheap at a Mexican grocery store.

I did pick up Bigelow's Blackberry Raspberry Hibiscus Cold Brew tea bags. I steeped one cold brew last night in the fridge and just made one hot. Both came out really well. Hot definitely had more flavor with a 12 minute steep and boiling water compared to 6 hours in the fridge. I think I'll do it that way and then chill it afterwards for a good cup of iced tea.

linty1

My wallet cries.
The nice part is that the box says all the flavours in their sampler box are "caffeine free" which is not nesc, but nice for me. Today we walked around the downtown core for about 5 hours? Brought the same water bottle iced tea along, even the kid enjoys it.

Also has a cup of "brown sugar bubble tea", they had a deal going on for 2.

FGO Hibiscus this morning. It's pretty tart as a hot drink without sweetener but it makes a fantastic iced drink when the water ratio helps it tone down a little. I liked it so much, I just ordered a couple of bulk bags of different blends from Amazon to get me through the summer. Guess I'll give up the iced coffee at work for this and iced tea for awhile. :)

linty1

My wallet cries.
Good... still morning lol everyone, finished off my iced coffee and now just working away and sipping on the iced tea I made this morning, one of those Celestial tea bags this one "Country Peach Passion". It's quite good, this one has a faint peach taste (thanks Captain Obvious), it's not overpowering, it's like a background hum. Very nice. Throw it into my water bottle, then ice and water and it just sits there brewing away all day. I actually like this variety pack, kinda mixes it up.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've been down with a horrible cold, so wife did shopping ... came home with decaf Lipton cold brew. Rather than return it, I tried it ... does taste different. I do not overbrew, disliking bitterness, but this one is less bitter to begin with. Actually very good, though I did have a second cup of espresso. And I'm still tired ... :cuppa::001_tongu

AA

Top Bottom