What's new

What's Your Sun Hat?

I use to have an old Indiana Jones fedora, don't know ho made it, just had the Indy label inside.
Anne hated that hat, and I suspect she engineered it's loss when we moved

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Tilley LTM9 is my golf hat. Great sun protection and very cool (for temperature, not so sure I look stunning in the hat).

Tilley Mashup is my current. I originally had their hemp hat, which I loved but was a little heavy. And I got it stained (sweat...or possibly pre-wash). Then I got the hikers hat, which I liked ok but stained it again. I recently got the mashup, and it fits somewhere between those 2. I really enjoy it.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Same hat (Real Brazil Tarp Hat), plus a waxed cotton trilby.

IMG_20200727_143500.jpg

I also have a waterproof mountain cat for winter wetness.

I have watched a couple more of The History Guy videos about hats. If you are into hats they would be worth your time to watch.

This one was better than the pressed fiber hat episode:

This one also has a sun hat angle, though it more Britain centric:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All right. My well-weathered Tilley Hat wanted a picture, so. Also a tip ...

full

The cotton cord long since disintegrated, so paracord gets tied on for a no-loss loop, Vietnam-Boonie-Hat style. Which you will need that in wind.

full

Here's the old label, back when Alex Tilley ran it and had quite a bit of product pride. No web site as noted, it's probably purchased early 90s. I think.

The hiding-place up top has some new floatation foam, and I stick a business card and a $5 up there, just in case, in a ziploc bag. You could stick matches or any other survival stuff, if it's flat.

Wear? Stains? Corrosion? Nah. Just life. Scars give character.

AA

Well, this thread inspired me to look for a straw hat, and I ended up with something . . . nontraditional, but I love purple and think it looks pretty sharp. My first fedora. I'll be turning the front brim down (or do you turn down the entire brim?).

1596689523959.png

Well, this thread inspired me to look for a straw hat, and I ended up with something . . . nontraditional, but I love purple and think it looks pretty sharp. My first fedora. I'll be turning the front brim down (or do you turn down the entire brim?).

View attachment 1135603
That's a paper straw Trilby. While it is nice, (I like it) the true Panama may keep you cooler (due to the lighter color). the Village Hat Shop www.villagehatshop.com will have what you need.

By the way, turn down the brim in only in the front, unless you're Tony Bahama.

I have several wide brimmed Akubra hats. My go to this year is the Cattleman. When I am working in the sun (going to sweat) I use a pith helmet.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom