What's new

What's your soap for today?

Marten De Candre Vetyver (sample size)
MDC Argrumes Fougere Rose Vetyver.JPG

The Club Apricity
K2e Base

This is a wonderfully scented soap featuring The Club's (A&E) newest Kaizen 2 base with emu oil. It appears to me to be a bit more solid than the standard K2 base. I ended up with a beautiful sheen on my lather which performed admirably. Very slick.

Not enough time has elapsed for me to assess the effect that the emu oil will have on post shave feel. Others are commenting that post shave feel lasts a very long time. Honestly, post shave feel is of less importance to me than how the soap actually performs and its scent. With regard to these factors, this soap delivers.

This is not a straight up apricot fragrance, rather it is semi-sweet to tart with supporting notes making it lush and inviting. The scent notes are as follows: Apricot Essence (natural), blood orange, cardamom, davana, rum, jasmine, vanilla, cashmeran, tonka bean, benzoin, labdanum, patchouli, indonesian vetiver, sandalwood. This is not a novelty gourmand scent. For those who give it a chance, it will have a broad appeal.
proxy.php

A&EKaizen.png

Yesterday's shave, which was my first with A&E, was pretty rough, like I was using a dull blade. I knew my blade was still sharp so I just chalked it up to not having this dialed in yet. Today was at the other end of the scale for comfort. Same razor and blade, Black Beauty 109 and 7 O'Clock Black blade. Super close shave and my neck is BBS. Nice mild scent to boot makes this another successful blind buy.

Top Bottom