What's new

What's your soap for today?

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Proraso Green (Tub) :001_wub:
007_15.jpg

WK King of Oud. I'm brand new to DE shaving and this is my very first soap (have a variety of creams -TOBS, Proraso and CF). Much thicker and richer lather than I'm used to. I am completely addicted to aloeswood incense, so I was excited to see oud being used in shaving products. All day long I've been getting whisps of oud and it's been fantastic. I absolutely love the smell and my next shaving purchase will be WK's Rebelle. Couldn't be happier!

This is a bit of a rant.
I intended to use Speick Sport (pic), this was the 4th use. Bought it new and tub was full. Always used a 24 synthetic and no issues with it. I do NOT bloom nor over load brushes....... wonder where the soap went. Usually dry it to ambient 24hr then close lid tight.
Today I used a Chubby 2, loaded more as it hogs it..... tried to get a decent lather and it was too thin.....yes it was slippery and would have worked (maybe....). Aborted and just loaded Fitjar to the same brush and had a great shave....

Now the question: has any of you had the same vanishing soap issue with Speick or other soaps (to avoid)?
IMG_2193.jpg

Today scheermonnik smoor as a pre shave and shave soap.
As usually a nice shave they make nice soap. Butttttt
I skipped the mentholated paa because I was afraid it deminished the smoor scent. Nope it is just not as strong as the earlier scheermonnik soaps. For my stirling wrecked nose taste a bit to faint.
tomorrow will be scheermonnik berk and I am afraid for the same conclusion.

Attachments

• 93D947CB-624C-40E0-9500-3A4DD337F141.jpeg
    93D947CB-624C-40E0-9500-3A4DD337F141.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 4
Top Bottom