What's new

What's your soap for today?

Have decided that this will be my soap rotation, unless I change my mind. 😂😂😂
5D9F5617-D279-4158-A331-ABF8FF6766D7.jpeg

Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana...New Soap and WoW! Thanks to @MrBeez for the recommendation!
Ohhh wow! Special indeed this soap. Nice flower pattern of the soap surface. Initial smell....barely but some semblance to a cigar. Upon lathering...waaaaaa. I so happened to have a box of Cohiba cigars and the scent is quite similar but the soap the lather is stronger. Definitely unlike the sweet Cavendish nor Haverford. Really enjoyed the scent which was consistent. I would rate it at 5-5.5 out of 10 strength. Quality-wise...creamy but found slickness just ok.
20210207_111351.jpg

Parker Sandalwood and Shea Butter.

I hope y’all don’t mind, but I’m gonna do a little mini review here since this soap doesn’t get much mention. This is the first soap I got when I first started wet shaving five years ago. Prior to discovering this forum, I didn’t really feel the need to try much else, and this has been my go to. In the last 6 months I’ve branched out and tried 5 or 6 other soaps, and having a little more perspective, I think I can say a few words about this one.

Scent: compared to many other soaps I’ve tried, there’s not a ton going on here. It smells pleasantly of soap and a little something extra. That said, I’ve been burned, literally and figuratively by two other sandalwood soaps both of which listed “fragrance” and “cinnamyl” in their ingredients. This soap has neither. It does list sandalwood oil as an ingredient.

Lather: This soap lathers pretty easy, and I’ve gotten pretty good shaved just swishing the brush around a couple times - but - it wants more water than it initially seems like. My best results have been building a lather on my face, adding water every 10 seconds or so. If it’s wet enough it’s a very slick lather.
Other reviews have mentioned that it seems to dry out quickly. This is somewhat true, especially if you take a long time. I haven’t had a problem so long as I move like I have a job to get done. If it starts to get a little dry, I’ll just make sure my razor is dripping wet, and if I need to add more soap or water for an additional pass, it’s not a big deal.

What I love most about this soap is the post shave feel. My skin will usually feel pleasantly tight, and well moisturized, and that feeling lasts a long time. With other soaps my skin often feels dry, and I’ll need to apply moisturizer of some sort. I never feel the need to do that with this soap.

I know there’s lots of products out there with more of x, y, or z. But I get a great predictable shave every time and my skin feels great. And a puck is $10 or less.

View attachment 1219059View attachment 1219060
Thanks for the review. I'm putting that one on my list.

Top Bottom