What's new

What's your soap for today?

Caswell-Massey Regents
20200807_061454.jpg

camo

Vintage Yardley lavender paired with SMN lavanda AS, Hey @camoloc what’s the Caswell Massey like?

View attachment 1136109

on the internet its the worst crappie soap with poor lather and receives really bad reviews. no exaggeration.....do a search here and you will see.

for SR shaving I love it. I now load 45 to 50 seconds with a soaked boar. while loading....i will pause and pick up extra water out of the bowl that I've caught while loading.....about midway.

what I get is a thick creamy lather with great post shave feel........I suspect the oils used are good or quality.

I have No.6, Ros. and now Regents.

Regent was allegedly a recipe found in a leather notebook from the 1800's. that set the hook on me.

No. 6 is still my fav.

camo

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Thanks camo, I think those reviews were correct, but C-M has a reformulated version out, which is why I asked, Thanks much for your input, I may have to give it a try!

Thanks camo, I think those reviews were correct, but C-M has a reformulated version out, which is why I asked, Thanks much for your input, I may have to give it a try!

when I spoke with them.....and comparing label changes. they said formulation change two years ago. not sure if this is when The Holy Black came on board too.

camo

Top Bottom