What's new

What's your soap for today?

GD MAgnolia.jpg

Declaration Grooming Original (Milksteak).

The more I use this soap the more I like it. The lather is 1st class. None of my other soaps match it. The scent is simple and mild. But the more I use it the more I enjoy it.

This has quickly become my go to soap when I am introducing anything new in my shave: blade, razor, etc.

Grooming Dept Encens Agrumes
Kairos base

This soap makes a glossy lather that gets some volume to it as you add water. It is slick, very slick. I love the way it shaves--very comfortable. It leaves your face well hydrated. Most people will love this base.

For me, Grooming Dept is hit or miss when it comes to scents. I love Sandalwood Fig Musk, Citric and FrankinLime (a collaboration with Maol) but do not particularly like Sandalwood Nobile as an example. Other seem to love Sandalwood Nobile so I may be an outlier on that one. Encens Agrumes is a positive experience for me with its reliance on citric notes.

Grooming Dept makes a top tier base. Kairos is Mohammad's new tallow offering and it is garnering top reviews. Ruds gives it the stratospheric rating of 102.

Top Bottom