What's new

What's your soap for today?

Barrister and Mann "Le Grand Chypre"

20200615_070955(1)_2.jpg

B&M LaVanille (Excelsior)
Just got this a few days back. I am still not 100% sure on the scent. Like it one moment and not sure the other.

My favorite soap so far has been the B&M Seville (Excelsior). Among all my soaps the Seville lathers the best, smells the best and gives me the closest shaves. For some reason it does a better job lathering than the Lavanille even though they are the same base.

I am getting 2 MdC samples (original and argumes) so am very curious to see how they work out. Main concern with them is just figuring out how to get the sample out and into a bowl properly.

Proraso Ultra Sensitive. I'm nearing end of second month of DE shaving so it is my "control" soap :) I don't have "Ultra Sensitive" skin but I figured my skin might get pretty sensitive while I started out. The soap has been excellent for a beginner. I shower with my Tweezerman in a cup of hot water and a few drops of hot water on the soap waiting by the sink. Then I give the Tweezerman a little shake and start swirling the brush on the soap holding the brush at the base of the bristles for about 30 to 45 seconds. Then face lather. I get a great lather and could go as many passes as I would like. I actually have a nice AOS pure badger brush but haven't got that one mastered yet like the Tweezerman. Sorry to ramble but thought this might help a newbie as well :)
pick yourself up a cheap yaqi synthetic from Amazon, they are really good for beginners imho

to the question at hand, today i used MWF :D

Top Bottom