What's new

What's your soap for today?

First use of Soapy Science compliments of a generous PIF from @kingfisher

It’s not the fluffiest latherer in the world - though Ive seen worse. But it works.I remember when I just started out struggling to get that picture perfect lather. I’ve even combined two different soaps to try to get bigger thicker lather.

I used to compare a soap based a lot on the fluffiness of its lather.

But I’ve learned what really counts is how it feels when the razor hits the skin. I’ve had fluffy ones that did meh at that and some (Col Conk) that I cant really get a great lather on that feel amazing when I shave.

All that to say - when I put it on my face I was thinking it wasn’t fluffy enough but I got a very nice smooth shave out of it with no weepers or irritation.

It’s also the unscented version and I love me some unscented or lightly scented soap. Strong smells give me headaches anyway. But the thing I love most about unscented soap is it smells like soap. And that leaves me feeling clean.

Definitely a good soap that will be a regular in my rotation!View attachment 1100331
Glad you enjoyed it. That lather is airier than what I usually get. It probably just needs a little more time. If you spent less than two minutes lathering, there is much better lather awaiting you. Sometimes I spend two-and-a-half to maybe three minutes.

Start with a drier brush, load soap until the brush is really loaded, then add water little by little (maybe 4 or 5 drops at a time), fully incorporating before adding more. If you do it this way, you will get a much better lather from it than what I see in the picture (glad to hear it shaved well, though).

proxy.php

Williams Mug Soap..in a mug

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom