What's new

What's your soap for today?

image1.jpeg

Williams/Palmolive mix in an Old Spice mug
That should smell nice. I mixed Williams and some Lea stick - smells great & lathers like the $16 ToBS. As soon as I'm finished with it, I just recently got a Palmolive stick to mix with Williams. Unfortunately it's gonna sit for a while, since I have a bunch'a samples coming from a soapmaker that will keep me busy until Thanksgiving.

I got several samples of artisan soaps to try and have a few more on the way from Shannon's Soaps. She uses the same recipe for her main soaps, and they all lather like crazy and are plenty slick - pretty impressive. She's also working on some goats milk recipes - not sure what I think about that (yet).
A new soap to be named 'Botanica' is already a favorite & I also like her Bay Patchouli Grapefruit & minty Aussie Ice. She's also got a bunch more - plenty of variety & definitely worth trying. She's got a degree in Chemistry, so she can finesse lye into a mild and slick shave soap - worth looking into: Shannonssoaps.com

Today I used a sample of her "Lit" - smells like parking lot to me, but the slick lather gave me a smooth, irritation-free BBS on both left and right shaves, even with 2 new razors and iffy blades.

Top Bottom