What's new

What's your soap for today?

Reef Point Soaps / Fougere Santal
20200105_105631.jpg

Out of the tub it smells like moist cherry pipe tobacco. The lather has mostly a light cherry scent. I haven't really thought too much about the scent of the lather. I'm just enjoying the feel of the lather. It's rich, thick and creamy. My first pass feels like I'm shaving without a blade.
That’s quite the recommendation! 😉👍🏼

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets

Good stuff. I ran into the owner of this business when I stopped to see some family in the Texas hill country on the way back from our Thanksgiving at the Grand Canyon and he gave me some samples of his bar soap and shave soap. I have tried a lot of soaps but this one is a keeper. Great lather, but like he told me and the website will tell you, you have to remember to use a little more water than you probably are accustomed to using. Nice scent but not overpowering. I really don't care what a shave soap smells like as long as it doesn't positively reek, anyway, but this one smells nice. The lather is very cushiony and just the right slickness for me to shave with. Watch for this guy's products to appear at Pasteur's before long. It's gonna happen. I tried the Bluebonnet scent bar soap and it was good, too. I think Mrs. McCoy has put dibs on it, though. That's okay, I got a couple more.

The main difference between this soap and most is the use of potassium hydroxide instead of sodium hydroxide. I was told that this makes for a thirstier soap but that it puts all that extra water to good use.

I have been using Arko and lately some Conk bay rum stuff, but I am setting those aside until I finish this soap up. LIke I said, It's a keeper.

Top Bottom