What's new

What’s your skin-friendliest blade?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Just curious. I really enjoy Feather and GSB blades but if I use either every single day it’s a bit much for my skin.

I would have to say that so far, the Voskhod blades have been my most skin-friendly blades to date. Keen enough for a good BBS shave without being aggressive.

What blades have you found shave very well without being aggressive on the skin?

By skin friendly I assume the meaning is, "sharp enough to get the job done, but with a primary focus on smoothness and non-irritation".

For this criterion, I would probably choose Personna Red and Gillette Platinum.

I'd definitely not include Nacet, and probably not GSB either, tbh, though both are in my top 5.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Personna Red. An incredibly skin-friendly blade. There are other very good blades that excel in that specific criterion, but none more so than the Personna Red.

I really enjoy Feather and GSB blades but if I use either every single day it’s a bit much for my skin.
What blades have you found shave very well without being aggressive on the skin?
I am curious, what blade angle do you use; steep, neutral or shallow. Just trying to get a handle on why your skin cannot cope with a daily shave.
The smoothest for me are Gillette Silver Blue closely followed by Astra SP and I shave daily at a neutral or shallow blade angle depending on the razor.

In my experience, the answer would be dependent on which razor I am using. I think it would be a different blade for each razor I own:

Fatip Gentile = Rapira Platinum Lux
Wolfman WR2 = Gillette Yellow
RR Lupo = Gillette Yellow
RR GC68 = Astra SS
Tatara Masamune = Nacet
RR SLOC = Rapira Platinum Lux

Top Bottom