What's new

What's your signature scent?

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Signature scent? Probably grease mixed with racing fuel, oil, dirt and sweat.

As far as frags? Don't have one but I like Eau Sauvage and C&S O&C a lot

I like to mix it up as well, but I would have to say that the one I have gotten the most compliments from is Chanel Homme Sport.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carlo Corinto Classic, Kouros and Creed Green Irish Tweed. 4711 I use a lot as well but it doesn't linger long.

If it was my choice, Polo Red or Red Intense or Club de Nuit Intense Man by Armaf (Creed Aventus knock off)

If it is the wife's YSL L'Homme

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I used to think Chanel had me covered what with Antaeus, Pour Monsieur, and Sycomore. Then I discovered Rogue... It's hard for me not to reach for Mousse Illuminee or Chypre-Siam these days but the Chanel's still get love! :)

Do you have one? Do you like to mix it up? Are you into the latest fragrances or prefer the classics? Less expensive or the ones that cost the big bucks? I'm curious to see what you guys favor!
I went through "eras" with colognes. As a boy, I was given drug-store brands and I continued on this level through my teen-aged years, becoming familiar with and liking most. Beginning in college, I started having "crushes" on one designer cologne after another. First it was Halston Z-14, then Original Polo (for a long time), then YSL Kouros (also a long time), followed by Azzarro, Drakkar Noir, Paco Rabanne, Pierre Cardin-Musk, and finally PS-Paul Sebastian in the 1990's, which finally led me back to the classic gentlemen's scents, such as Bay Rum, Lavender, Lime, Sandalwood, Spanish Leather and such. I've re-bought some of the cheap drug-store brands I remember liking in my youth, but not the designer scents. For those, I move on to new ones. My present favourite is Carlo Colucci-Uomo. It's a designer fragrance from Germany that is sadly now out of production.

I've had cologne acquisition disorder for the better part of a year. I haven't counted how many I have, but the number would be ridiculous. So I don't have a signature scent.

The weird thing is that I don't think I have any of the fragrances you guys have mentioned so far! Some of you have some very expensive scents. I do not. I've been reluctant to get one because I'm afraid of feeling like I was ripped off if I didnt love it. So I buy more budget friendly ones and get clones of the ones outside my price range.

I do have some favorites among them. I really like the One Man Show line, especially the Oud Edition. I managed to get ahold of the elusive Emerald Edition recently. I also love Yatagan by Caron. I do enjoy stylish and popular colognes such as Versace Dylan Blue. However, I am much more interested in oddball ones that stretch the boundaries of good taste. Aramis is excellent because it is difficult to pull off. Sometimes it smells great and other times it's too much. Royal Copenhagen is the same way. It's easy to smell good. What's more interesting for me is to wear something that a lot of people would shy away from.

Last edited:
I went through "eras" with colognes. As a boy, I was given drug-store brands and I continued on this level through my teen-aged years, becoming familiar with and liking most. Beginning in college, I started having "crushes" on one designer cologne after another. First it was Halston Z-14, then Original Polo (for a long time), then YSL Kouros (also a long time), followed by Azzarro, Drakkar Noir, Paco Rabanne, Pierre Cardin-Musk, and finally PS-Paul Sebastian in the 1990's, which finally led me back to the classic gentlemen's scents, such as Bay Rum, Lavender, Lime, Sandalwood, Spanish Leather and such. I've re-bought some of the cheap drug-store brands I remember liking in my youth, but not the designer scents. For those, I move on to new ones. My present favourite is Carlo Colucci-Uomo. It's a designer fragrance from Germany that is sadly now out of production.

What do you think of the PS? I have seen it fairly cheap at Ross and TJ Maxx and had to look it up because I didn't know what it was. I really like 80's scents. What's it like?

Sorry to hear about the Carlo Colucci

What do you think of the PS? I have seen it fairly cheap at Ross and TJ Maxx and had to look it up because I didn't know what it was. I really like 80's scents. What's it like?

Not sure that I'd describe Paul Sebastian as an '80's scent. It has a decidedly classic retro vibe to it. It actually came out in 1979 but I didn't try it until the early '90's. It is mapped as lavender, nutmeg & sage on top, ylang-ylang, clove, jasmine, spice & rose in the middle, with amber, musk, oakmoss & patchouli in the base, but I would describe it as a powdery re-interpretation of a traditional barber-shop scent. It's wonderful. I'd recommend it to anyone. Perhaps you can find a shop with a tester.
By the way, I stocked up on Colucci so...no worries. Come to think of it, I'd categorise Carlo Colucci as an 80's scent.

Not sure that I'd describe Paul Sebastian as an '80's scent. It has a decidedly classic retro vibe to it. It actually came out in 1979 but I didn't try it until the early '90's. It is mapped as lavender, nutmeg & sage on top, ylang-ylang, clove, jasmine, spice & rose in the middle, with amber, musk, oakmoss & patchouli in the base, but I would describe it as a powdery re-interpretation of a traditional barber-shop scent. It's wonderful. I'd recommend it to anyone. Perhaps you can find a shop with a tester.
By the way, I stocked up on Colucci so...no worries. Come to think of it, I'd categorise Carlo Colucci as an 80's scent.
1979 is even better! That was the era of barbershop experimentation before the Chypres were in full swing. Thanks!

I

itsmeifti

Venturing in B&B from a fragrance forum, I'm currently in the mix it up camp.
Most worn is Polo Green. Desert Island frag could be Pour Lui ODLR.
However the more time I spend here learning about 'proper' shaving and other man rituals - I do rather like the idea of a signature scent.

Venturing in B&B from a fragrance forum, I'm currently in the mix it up camp.
Most worn is Polo Green. Desert Island frag could be Pour Lui ODLR.
However the more time I spend here learning about 'proper' shaving and other man rituals - I do rather like the idea of a signature scent.
Nice! I think there is room for mixing it up and for one you tend to think of as the most "you". My problem is that it takes a really long time for that one to rise to the top. Just when I think I've got "the one", I find something else.

There also can be a scent profile that's your signature. For me, it's leather.

I don't have one, but if I had to choose one or two: Creed Bois Du Portugal (I love the scent of this stuff) or Issey Myake pour homme--I have received more compliments on this scent than any other.

I like PS a lot. Great performance. Spicy, musky and a little sweet. It’s like a top shelf version of Old Spice to me. I mentioned to someone recently that OS aftershave went with it and they thought there was no resemblance at all.....

I like PS a lot. Great performance. Spicy, musky and a little sweet. It’s like a top shelf version of Old Spice to me. I mentioned to someone recently that OS aftershave went with it and they thought there was no resemblance at all.....
I've had conversations with people who did not think a fragrance resembled what I told them. I think the bottom line there is that it's in the same general category, say, "spiced barbershop". Good to know, thank you.

Top Bottom