What's new

What's your signature scent?

I see you’re very picky

Actually, YES! Yes I am! I am a looong time member of Basenotes.net and have been a "Fragrance Head" since 2003. I DO "mix it up" and own a wide range of (both NEW & Classic) Colognes/Parfum/Attars/etc. Many of my (new) "Niche" Fragrances cost over one hundred dollars a bottle (ex. Marlou 50ml d'ambiguite/Santa Maria Novella Nostalgia) while many of my favorite "Designer" Fragrances (both NEW and Classics) are much much more cost effective (ex. Caron Yatagan/Bogart Third Man). Regarding "Vintage" Fragrances (as opposed to currently produced "Classics") often command VERY high prices (ex. Vintage Guerlain Jicky). Most all my "vintage" Fragrances have been found in the "wild" at the likes of "Flea Markets/Thrift Shops/Antiques Shops/Yard Sales" etc. as I refuse to pay CRAZY prices for Vintage Fragrances that it's "notes" WILL (somewhat) have deteriorated over time (even sealed bottles). The most fun part of this hobby for me (aside from smelling GREAT) is attempting to find THE best (cost effective) Colognes that "punch above it's weight" that offer "Niche like" quality as opposed to "also ran". I have discovered that the (French) line of Fragrances by the House of "Lalique" is one such line of Fragrances. In fact, I am awaiting delivery of "four" bottles of "Lalique" Fragrances (three different Colognes) that are being sold at "CLOSE OUT" prices. I figure I am getting in on the getting while the getting is GOOD! Signature Scent ? I would have to say (worn during Cold/Winter months in Maine) my beloved (and one of my FAVORITE HOUSES) Santa Maria Novella (Italy) "Acqua di Cuba". Ah, the smell of it! I hope this answers sharpstar90 questions.

SixCats!

Last edited:
1583698427859.png

Yeah, I tend to stick with Acqua di Parma. I go with colonia essenza or the original as my fragrance of choice.

I also have some TF grey vetiver I wear from time to time. Still prefer AdP though.

Top Bottom