What's new

What's your shave den DIY projects?

View attachment 1144305
I just finished up this shelf unit for all my shave stuff, with a drawer for blades. I made it from solid walnut, joining the sides with dovetails and dadoes for all the shelves.
That's what these women don't understand when it comes to tool's that pay the bills some stuff is a must have to keep the money flow going.
I have 3 1/4 hp router on a jessem lift that is almost burned up being 7yrs old. Now i can only use it for soft woods,
pine for chair rail,K mold,p mold base and case and veneer lumber and squeeze another year or two out of it if i'am lucky instead of dropping 500. So instead of spending the 500 to replace the router i spend 169 on a new spindle and Colette for the shaper so i can mill my lumber core and still come out ahead. Not sure why it's so hard for women to grasp this.
20181105_185901.jpg
20181105_190427.jpg

That's what these women don't understand when it comes to tool's that pay the bills some stuff is a must have to keep the money flow going.
I have 3 1/4 hp router on a jessem lift that is almost burned up being 7yrs old. Now i can only use it for soft woods,
pine for chair rail,K mold,p mold base and case and veneer lumber and squeeze another year or two out of it if i'am lucky instead of dropping 500. So instead of spending the 500 to replace the router i spend 169 on a new spindle and Colette for the shaper so i can mill my lumber core and still come out ahead. Not sure why it's so hard for women to grasp this.View attachment 1144357View attachment 1144359
I don't actually do this professionally or to make money. Woodworking is just a hobby to me so my shop is pretty humble, though equipped well enough for me to do what I need to do. Maybe that's why the wife isn't very thrilled when i want to buy new equipment ...

I've always wanted to make a brush from real ebony wood. Mainly for the natural waterproofness and the fact that its really hard to break ebony because its so dense
While the ebony would look a lot better another wood that would be strong and dense is southern live oak. Properly seasoned it can weigh up to 75 pounds per square foot. And as an added bonus if you have enough of it cannonballs will bounce off it

Not necessarily for a shave den but I've been wanting to make a travel case. Here's the link so I don't have to retype it out lol

Top Bottom