What's new

What's Your Rotation?

My only daily driver for a safety razor is my Gillette Super Speed. So it’s been with me now for almost a year. I use the same brush which is my Simpson Special Pure Badger.

Here’s what does change.

Soap only 2 in rotoration. Arko and Razorock American Barber

Aftershaves
Proraso white balm, Osage green, Razorock American Barber, Proraso red and then Clubman VIBR.

Every once in a while I’ll grab my gold dollar straight or my Proraso omega boar brush. I keep the changes limited to blades and aftershaves.

I’m in the FFFMM and for whatever reason I decided to join the sabbatical just for kicks I guess. But that’s really how basic my setup is, the whole idea is to save money, tough to save when you spend $150 on a brush to use it 3 to 5 times a month. Soap hoarding here on the boards is a way of life. Kinda nuts!

Keep it simple keep it slim keep it soft on the wallet

I change daily rotating through 120 or so razors. Pure stream of consciousness. Shake Sharp, MMOC, and Stahly see more duty than their share.

I have had no desire to use the other razors in my stable I once figured out the angle on the Feather AS-D2. Same goes for my other brushes since being introduced to the Silver Smoke synthetic (a Wolf Whiskers brush is forthcoming). I primarily shave with Feather blades, although GSB and Kai serve my face well. I use soaps for a week at a time, currently between the following: MdC Original, MdC Rose, SV Dolomiti, SV Felce Aromatica.

The nightmares unleashed by poor technique are still too fresh for me to be more adventurous in the hardware department.

I have a number of DE and SE razors, 31 brushes, and I don't know how many soaps and creams. I use one razor until I need to change the blade and then go to the next razor in my rotation. I use one brush a day and then go to the next. As for soaps, currently, I am using three soaps in rotation and alternate them every day. In April I will pick a new soap and stick to that for one month.

I like routines and the Micromatic Monday thread has led me to come up with the following rotation:

Micromatic Mondays: GEM MMOC
TTO/Tech Tuesdays: SS, Slim, Krona, Tech
Weimar Wednesdays: German 37, Merkur
TTO/Tech Thursdays: see above
Free Fridays: I like a little random choice
Straight Saturdays: Crown&Sword, Solingen
Schick Sundays: G, L, Hydromagic, Adjustable

Plan to add a Clog Pruf soon too for Monday's

Anyone else have a set rotation?
I have two Gillette Adjustables....one a Fat Boy that I had rechromed by "The Captain" here on this website, and the
other a Slim Adjustable. I like them both, honestly can tell the difference between the shaves I get with either one. So what I do is shave with one until it's time to change the blade, then I start with the new blade in the other one. That way, I'm getting good use out of both of them!

Since the purchase of the Game Changer .84, there hasn't been much of a rotation to speak of.

There are razors I use and razors that have fallen from favor...in an almost Stalin-like purge manner.

Most used:
Game Changer (naturally)
Gillette Tech, nickel plated
Merkur Progress
Gillette New, long comb

Sometimes:
Merkur 34G
Gillette flare tip Super Speed

Almost never:
Parker Variant
Schick Krona
Fatboy