What's new

What's Your Remedy for Simpson Labels?

Nenad,

From my limited experience shooting lacquers, I've found it a lot easier to obtain relatively flawless results using the stuff, for one can sand each coat immediately after it dries (and it dries quickly), thus removing any irregularities prior to spraying a subsequent coat.

The main problem I've encountered with lacquers is that they can exhibit cracking over the course of time. They also tend to scratch fairly easily (which can just as easily be touched-up). Polyester/Polyurethane paints are far more forgiving in nature, thus permitting greater contraction & expansion (of the material to which they are applied) without the cracking or other ill effects common to lacquers.

Regards,

-Clive

What about the possibility of all the Simpson fans emailing Simpsons and asking them if they have plans to address the issue of the decals coming off so quickly? It really is kind of ashamed, and very disappointing, to pay $100+++ for a brush that loses it's decal on the first shave. Just a thought. :confused:

I would suggest they drop the decals altogether. It's just not in the same class as the brush. If Vulfix can afford to have a nice permanent logo on the brush, why can't Simpson?

PottyDoctor said:
What about the possibility of all the Simpson fans emailing Simpsons and asking them if they have plans to address the issue of the decals coming off so quickly? It really is kind of ashamed, and very disappointing, to pay $100+++ for a brush that loses it's decal on the first shave. Just a thought. :confused:

They have been contacted numerous times about this and they always reply the same. The decals are nothing more than an identifier that sets them apart on the shelf of a retailer. They intend the decals to make it easier to spot before the sale. They are very effective at that I might add. They were not meant to be perminant any more than the tags on a shirt or pair of pants.

We are just unique here and they can't understand what the fuss is all about.

I say clear coat them. I think someone mentioned hobby shops have a clear coat that goes over model decals that would work as well.

Michael, your comparison with the Vulfix brushes makes lots of sense in my opinion.

And just to let everyone know, I'm not bashing Simpson brushes my any stretch of the imagination. I was simply looking for a few suggestions. I own a Simpson and I have plans to buy more. But thanks for all the responses.

Top Bottom