What's new

What's your relaxing and (still) efficient DE razor?

My options..... 1. iKon Standard.... 2. RR GC .84 OC..... 3 . Yaqi Knight helmet... 4. R41.....5. Rockwell plate 6..... Parker CC....
RR GC 84 JAWS...

For a relaxing shave with a DE, my Rockwell R6 just edges out the Timeless 95 OC, just by virtue of how forgiving and gentle it feels.

My ATT R1 is my go to razor most days. Occasionally, I'll switch out for a Gillette Tech or a Gem, and on special occasions, my Aristocrat, but most days it's the R1.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
This might be counterintuitive, but I am finding my Blackbird to be quite relaxing to wield, despite it’s blade feel and high efficiency. It requires focus, of course, bit it also provides assurance of an insanely close shave free of irritation, nicks, bumps and redness. So, in this sense, my most efficient razor is also my most relaxing and worry-free. It’s a paradigm shift from the shaves of a Tech (which require no real focus), which sometimes result in shaving flaws. Honestly, if I shaved with nothing but my Blackbird, I’d want for nothing.

This might be counterintuitive, but I am finding my Blackbird to be quite relaxing to wield, despite it’s blade feel and high efficiency. It requires focus, of course, bit it also provides assurance of an insanely close shave free of irritation, nicks, bumps and redness. So, in this sense, my most efficient razor is also my most relaxing and worry-free. It’s a paradigm shift from the shaves of a Tech (which require no real focus), which sometimes result in shaving flaws. Honestly, if I shaved with nothing but my Blackbird, I’d want for nothing.

I thought I was going crazy because I've been alternating between my Blackbird Ti and my Tataras and my Diamondback and the Blackbird has been giving me the least irritation (not that any of me give me much to speak of) and the closest shaves, while having the most blade feel by a substantial margin. I think Hannah's Dad just talked me down. I'm not crazy after all! Another vote for the Blackbird. Yes it does require focus, but if you give it that focus, it's a relaxing and irritation free shave.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I thought I was going crazy because I've been alternating between my Blackbird Ti and my Tataras and my Diamondback and the Blackbird has been giving me the least irritation (not that any of me give me much to speak of) and the closest shaves, while having the most blade feel by a substantial margin. I think Hannah's Dad just talked me down. I'm not crazy after all! Another vote for the Blackbird. Yes it does require focus, but if you give it that focus, it's a relaxing and irritation free shave.
Great post. And I really think the Blackbird provides a truly unique shaving experience. Nothing else, either vintage or modern, is like it. The more I use it, the greater it becomes.

I’m actually considering passing on replenishing my Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. My number is due in the next couple if weeks, and I am torn.

I'm enjoying my PAA El Fantasma 3 shaves into it so far with a TRIG blade. Noice & mild. I have a few Bakelite razors so the lightweight of this razor is like riding a bike for me.

I could not have said this any better. I don't DE shave to relax. That comes at the end when when I rub my hand across my face and the smile forms from that sense of feel.

My best, most comfortable and efficient razor (till date) is RazoRock Game Changer OC 84.

It's a good daily shave razor.

I know myself good enough to know that I'll probably wander off again in search of next best razor for me.

Whatever happens in future, I'll say this razor is absolutely best bang for your buck, efficient enough to satisfy most of the RAD and still be good enough to keep in the Den.

In no particular order:

FOCS
Schone OC
Gillette Super Adjustable 109
Gillette NEW LC
MM Clog Pruf

Paired with a good fresh blade I get very close and effortless shaves every time.

My best, most comfortable and efficient razor (till date) is RazoRock Game Changer OC 84.

It's a good daily shave razor.

I know myself good enough to know that I'll probably wander off again in search of next best razor for me.

Whatever happens in future, I'll say this razor is absolutely best bang for your buck, efficient enough to satisfy most of the RAD and still be good enough to keep in the Den.
I can't agree more. it is just so smooth and efficient.

Wolfman wr2 1.05 - the best solution for me that squares the circle. It is both super efficient and imparting a super comfortable shave.

I totally agree with this ☝

Milder razors tend to lead to irritation - no doubt due to a lapse in my technique. However, with an R41 I never
have to worry about that. Because of the pronounced blade feel there is never any temptation to press too hard or over-shave. Basically, my technique takes care of itself without me having to think about it :)

The Tech is a good choice, my own Ball Handle Tech is good for relaxing daily shaves. My Muhle R89 is also nice and comfortable to shave with even when used daily. And finally my Gillette Flare tip Rocket is also a joy to shave with.

Top Bottom