What's new

What's Your Preferred Blade?

Vintage: Spoiler, Super Platinum Chrome, Plus Platinum, Platinum Plus, Super Irridium
New: Polsilver, Silver Star

Astra SP are great value for money and a good benchmark. GSB are a little better in sharpness and smoothness but cost more but I do get more shaves out of them.

I just ordered 150 blades from eBay.

50 BIC Chrome to use in my AS-D2. They are as good as the Feather blades but cheaper, imho.

50 Astra SP and 50 Gillette 7 O'clock Yellow to use in every other razor. I couldn't decide which to get, so I just bought 50 of each.

I picked up the 50 Astra SP for just £3.50, which has to be the best value in blades.

I found there's not much of a saving buying 100 blades rather than 50 at a time if you shop carefully.

I've tried quite a few different blades, but kept coming back to these three for a BBS shave without cuts or nicks.

On straight bar de razor I like Astra Green Platinum blades. On slant bar de razors I like Kai stainless steel blades. I do also appreciate Personna blue blades and Feather Blades.
At the fird place there are Gilette Blue blades, Gilette 7 o'clock blades and Sputnik blades.

Some sweet combinations for me:

> Gillette Nacet in RazoRock Wunderbar, Game Changer 84 Open Comb

> Feather in Game Changer 84 Open Comb

> Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum in Wunderbar

> Gillette 365 in Parker Variant Adjustable @ Settings 4, 5, 6

It depends on how often I shave. For years when I shaved every other day, IP Red and Astra SP were my favorite blades. Since Covid, I'm shaving every 5-10 days and needed a sharper blade. For the past year, I've been using Personna "Swedes".

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
In no particular order
Feather- only in my Game Changer .84
Nacet
Gillette Silver Blue
Vintage Gillette “Spoilers”
Gillette 7 o’clock yellow

In order of preference:
Dorco Prime STP301 & STP300 (same blade just plastic vs paper tuck)
Dorco Stainless ST301 & ST300
Astra Superior Platinum
Derby Extra

Dorcos and Astras are similar for me. Just get a few extra shaves out of the Dorcos
Derby Extra also works well though they do not last nearly as long as the other blades.

Note that for the Dorco blades the above refers to the newer product that is made in Vietnam and labeled as having HQ technology.
Some B&B users have reported mixed results from older made in Korea Dorco blades.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Anything made by Personna, Muhle, Feather and German Wilkonson. The Gillette blades are meh and the Bic's are horrid tug jobs. (for me, others certainly would disagree)

i could use nothing but Personna going forward and be 100% happy.

Top Bottom