What's new

What's your next reloading project?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
What's your next reloading project? Mine will be loading up some .380 ACP and some .32-20, both calibers are something that I have not reloaded (or shot) in years.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Recently caught wind of folks morphing .233/5.56 cases into 7.62 x 25 brass & though I have a decent cache of 7.62 Tok brass, I had some spare time (the primary requisite!) & decided to give it a go. I still have to ream the neck (19/64” drill bit) & trim to length, but here is an altered .223 case (L) laying next to a PPU 7.62 x 25...

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Actually, my next reloading project is to clean up and de-clutter my benches. Dust off, re-organize, throw out un-needed odds and ends. Batch clean and resize brass that has accumulated from various shooting sessions.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Casting. With the cooler weather, I need more of everything...

I tend to buy tools for specialty jobs (making Arisaka brass, for example) then never get around to it ...

AA

Just finished packing all the 762x39 brass I had, swapped plates and got a few hundred 45 230g ball ready...
Made a few hundred 223 for a friend as a gift after that, and have some clean 40 SW brass ready to go.

Just got a 450 Bushmaster in a Rugar American. I’m in the data gathering faze. I have all the components and dies together,brass resized just need a recipe.

Need to cast a bunch more HP for 9mm, .38/.357, .44, 45 acp, and .45 Colt. I should probably get set up to load some black powder 50-70 for my father in law too.

Actually, my next reloading project is to clean up and de-clutter my benches. Dust off, re-organize, throw out un-needed odds and ends. Batch clean and resize brass that has accumulated from various shooting sessions.

I gotta do this as well. I need to load a batch of .32-20, but can't see the bench for the piles.

I've not reloaded much in the past 10 years but recently have wanted to try out bullet casting.

It looks like fun, probably start with something simple in .38S/.357 and go from there.

What's your next reloading project? Mine will be loading up some .380 ACP and some .32-20, both calibers are something that I have not reloaded (or shot) in years.
Will be loading .357 Super Mag w/ 215 grain gas checked bullets that I cast. Enjoyable way to spend a Saturday morning!

I haven't done any reloading in a long time, but I'm slowly trying to get back into the shooting hobby.

I have an old 91/30 Mosin laying around here whose bore is ridiculous - slugs out to .315. I am tempted to order a custom .316 expander plug from Lee and try my hand at paper patching some copper .308 bullets to see what happens.

Probably a waste of time and good rifle bullets, but it might be a fun experiment.

Some upstart bullet manufacturer could make a nice niche for itself if it would start making .313 and .314 180 grain rifle bullets for all of these old overbore milsurps that are out there. I'd buy a bunch of them if they existed.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
If non-jacketed .303 British would work, Montana Bullet Works offers 180 grainers in .313 & .314

Last edited:
If non-jacketed .303 British would work, Montana Bullet Works offers 180 grainers in .313 & .314

Yep, hard cast would definitely be the easier route, but I just have a personal preference for jacketed. I think years ago Woodleigh or someone made some .313 jacketed round nose, but if they did, those are long gone off the market.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
.338 RUM. Traded a coworker for a pistol I never shoot for a rifle he never shoots. Got about 100 factory loaded rounds and 100 once fired pieces of brass in the trade. Going to start buying powders and bullets to find out which combo works the best. A muzzle brake is probably in the near future too.

Need to work up test loads for an AR-9 I built last year for USPSA. After that a few gigatons of .40 and 9mm for the upcoming season. Pour coffee, turn on some tunes, and get crankin'...

After a long hiatus... I plan on getting back into the swing of things and experiment with some 45-70 loads.

I just need to find a Springfield Trapdoor in good shape to test them in...

Top Bottom