What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Believe it or not, I ploughed through all 101 pages of this thread so far. It's been great to go beyond a company's website or even Amazon reviews and see what's actually working. I'm slowly building up my Amazon cart wishlist. Dubs, G2bG, and a few others look interesting. I'm very interested to follow up on lanolin.

It was Woodsman today to keep the small walrus in line. I dig the hold, but I find the smell to be reminiscent of pencil erasers after about an hour or two. But I put up with it because I have not figured out how to make the Death Grip work. Even when I blow dry it, it's still tacky. I'm a fleet manager at a plumbing company. I don't want anything sticky that near my mouth.

Maybe someone can help me here. I've been trying for awhile to use Captain fawcett moustache wax "expedition ". It's harder than a hockey puck and even if I warm it up under hot water ,it's just as hard. I can barely scrape off a bit with my fingernail and try to rub it in my moustache but it just is sticky little blobs of uck. I then try to brush it out and it helps a little but not much. I'm really hating this product but maybe theirs a trick or something I'm not understanding. Anyways, thought I'd ask here before I throw this crapola away.

Maybe someone can help me here. I've been trying for awhile to use Captain fawcett moustache wax "expedition ". It's harder than a hockey puck and even if I warm it up under hot water ,it's just as hard. I can barely scrape off a bit with my fingernail and try to rub it in my moustache but it just is sticky little blobs of uck. I then try to brush it out and it helps a little but not much. I'm really hating this product but maybe theirs a trick or something I'm not understanding. Anyways, thought I'd ask here before I throw this crapola away.
I despise the "Expedition" strength and would toss it, but you could try blasting the tin with a hair dryer on 'hot' or letting it sit on a radiator for a bit.

I don't mind extra work but for moustache wax I won't go that far. There's so many better alternatives and not so expensive either. Chalking it up to lesson learned. In the trash it goes.

I just finished off a tin of Badgers Wax and I am starting a wax that is new to me --Seppo's. Looking forward to trying this product. I like the look of the tin...kind of retro.
20200520_113419_resized.jpg

Does anyone have any recommendation for a strong wax for a wiry mustache?
I have the fireman’s, I’ve used fisticuffs, etc. I end up trimming it because the middle part, right under my nose, usually drops. Not to mention it constantly getting in my drinks.

Top Bottom