What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

First day using Lockharts White after several consecutive weeks with the Firehouse. Nice fragrance (coconut), easy to apply and so far, despite the 100°F temps, it seems to be holding up rather well!

With the heat and the sweat factor up, I've been using joico spiker. It's a water resistant styling glue, that can be used as a paper glue in a pinch. It's interesting, that it makes my tips curl up in little rings, whereas wax tends to make my stach stick straight out.

I make my own. I sport a walrus style so I just need medium hold.
2 parts almond oil
1 part jojoba oil
1 part lanolin
1.5 parts beeswax

strop

Now half as wise
I've been alternating between Firehouse Light and Lockhart's white. Although they differ a bit in consistency and softness just a bit, in use I find them essentially interchangeable.

I still want to try the Proraso line as well as Pen's Bayolea, but I need to work thru my current supply a bit first.

I've been alternating between Firehouse Light and Lockhart's white. Although they differ a bit in consistency and softness just a bit, in use I find them essentially interchangeable.

I still want to try the Proraso line as well as Pen's Bayolea, but I need to work thru my current supply a bit first.

Mark:
I just received the Pen's and using it today, for me it was all about the scent as Bayolea is my favorite from Penhaligon's. To early to tell, but it goes on nice, dries clear and it is hard. The off putting thing for me was the size of the tin. I received the Lockharts at the same time and it is a nice large tin. The Pen's is between the size of a quarter and half dollar, so small. Obviously you are paying for the fragrance which made it worth it, but we will see how it hold up today as it is supposed to be 105 and humid

big fan of firehouse, however I found it just a bit too tacky. also, there is a distinct lack of scent. I added one drop of bergamot and now it smells wonderful AND is a bit more pliant.

Top Bottom