What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

Dubs Stache Cream :-}

Took the wife shopping, lunch and a movie....other than one miscue with a cheesy pretzel bite the Dubs was impeccable.

I loaned out my tin of Dubs wax for a friend here to try, so this morning was Mr. King's and a top and tip coat of the proraso. Worked well enough, but the King's is a lot more effort to apply since it's a much stiffer wax from the tin.

strop

Now half as wise
Mark, how did that work for you? I was thinking of that but was worried the Pinaud would come off too easily

I only use the Pinaud for the strays, so it works well enough. I did reapply during the day, though.

Man's Face Stuff today. I'm starting to like this more and more. It is softer than either CC or Firehouse, so easy to soften and apply, but still has good hold. Stern today for the strays.

As a side note, I finally figured out the scent on the proraso wax, it's the proraso sandalwood version, like the red tub/tube shaving soap/cream. lol

Dubs Pomade on the body and Dubs Cream on the curls.

With the demise of Hndlebars Wax, I've tried a lot of other waxes and preps, Dubs has lead the pack by a huge margin.

Currently the only wax I want to try is Bearded Bastard - a hard wax with interesting scents.

Proraso Wax :-}

Proraso is easy to work with - moderate hold at best - had to re-apply to tips midday - scent lasts a looong time, and right it is the Proraso Red scent.

All interesting stuff. Until today, I hadn't thought about "store bought" mustache wax since I started mine decades ago. My mustache style doesn't require waxing, so I only use a dab of Chapstick (tm) for the occasional unruly hair.

Top Bottom