What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

strop

Now half as wise
Home made concoction today. Lucky Tiger, which is too soft and greasy by itself, mixed with white beeswax.

DIY wax made of beeswax and coconut oil, I like it better than the OWH and Clubman I've tried.

It smells great and feels good on. It might not have the longevity of commercial products but it isn't greasy or water soluble. I'm still in the training stage and it works well for that. I don't know how it would work for big handlebars.

Started out with 1:1 ratio of beeswax to coconut oil but it was too much like lip balm. 2:1 works but is a little hard to apply with fingers, needs more heat and I'll pull out hairs when trying work it in. 4:3 seems to be a happy medium for me.

Home made today, jojoba, lime & sandalwood EO, some Pinaud brown and G2bg, beeswax, super hold, nice smell a bit hard to apply, but after combed through and shaped not to bad

1 part jojoba, 1drop lime, 2 drops sandalwood EO, 1/2 part clubman brown, 2 parts G2bg, 1 part beeswax heated slowly then cooled and pressed into old tin

Last edited:
Uppercut MO Wax - soft wax, light+ hold, has lanolin good conditioning - will hold tip ups but not a curl

Top Bottom