Votes: 52 23.7%
  • Gillette Fat Boy Adjustable

Votes: 34 15.5%
  • Pearl Flexi Adjustable

Votes: 5 2.3%
  • others (feel free to answer)

Votes: 44 20.1%

• Total voters
The clear favorite for me is my Rex. I still like and use a Fatboy, Super 89 and Progress but for me, the Rex is just in a different league. The precision of the Rex is off the charts and the shaves are consistently good with almost every blade I have tried.

Do you set the Rex and forget it, or use different settings for different parts of your face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Modern: Rocnel Sailor
Vintage: 1960 Gillette F4 Chrome Toggle
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My "chrome" toggle. Doesn't see much use obviously.

full

So for everyday use, my adjustable of choice is usually a Merkur Progress.

full
Get that Chrome out! It's a great shaver and unlike the gold wash, you can't hurt the nickel polish. It was meant to be used Mr. Nemo.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
My first shave was I believe with a Fatboy, based on the year .. when I returned to wetshaving in 2009 the first oldie I bought was a Fatboy, and I have retained several. My travel razor is a brassy one ..

Of the list I have owned the Mergress, Ambassador, Futur (the worst one of all) . All were sold off. I've retained a couple three Fatboys (including a gold Executive & Toggle) , one Slim, and a selection of Super Adjustables long & short. The Fatboy is the only one that gets regular face time. (as does a Schick Adjustable Injector but this is the DE forum). Might be time to thin that herd some ..

I've used my Slim since 1961 and still do, love my Slim but lately bought the black Weishi Adjustable and really like this razor. Not giving up my Slim tho

I have 2 adjustables, the '62 Gillette Slim and the Merkur Progress bought new last year. The Merkur shaves very closely, perhaps a micro-millimeter better, and is a beautiful tool as well. But there is something special about the Slim's looks and the way it shaves me. It's a tie.

Top Bottom