What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Just made my first ever bulk order. 200 Astra SP blades. Got 2 free Arko sticks with the order. I gave them a go in a sample pack and they are the best blade for my skin/beard by a big margin.

My first/latest purchase were 200 Voskhods from Ebay. $16 for 200 delivered from Russia to the UK was too tempting a deal to refuse!

Not the sharpest, but very smooth and for my skin/whiskers work well for daily shaves.

My only 100-blade purchase has been Personna blue because (1) they were cheap and (2) they weren't made in Russia or China. They're adequate blades, but I probably won't buy them again.

My next 100-blade purchases will likely be Kai and Feather because (1) they're the best blades I've ever used and (2) they aren't made in Russia or China.

man, I should've thought about jumping on the Russia-boycotting-bandwagon before buying 1000 each Voskhod and Gillette Yellows. :mad3:

100 Kai purchased today because they're super smooth, sharp, and last me at least 12 shaves per blade.
Interesting you mentioned 'smooth'.

I recently started playing around with Kai after longterm Astra SP use. For all the claims of 'nearly as sharp as a Feather', I too was impressed with the smoothness. Blown away, actually. And as difficult to cut myself as the relatively benign Astras, if not more so!

I can't wait to switch back to Astra soon, to see how they & Kai compare back-to-back.

I bought 50 Derby Premiums just for fun -- if they are as good as Dorco ST 301s (and they should be better) they will last me at least four years if I ever get to them.

At the current rate I have 78 years of shaving on the blades I already have, I don't think I'll need too many more.....

Peter

I just ordered Astra SP for my first 100 blade purchase. Out of the samples I've tried they work best for me by far.

Got my first 100 blade purchase today - Astra SP. Made the buy out of necessity. Forgot blades on my holiday trip, so I went for these since they would get to my door quick with Amazon Prime. I wanted to grab another sampler, but frugality got in the way.

I just ordered a 100 pack of Kai blades. As sharp as Feathers but much smoother. They're expensive, but I'll get a half-dozen excellent shaves with each. By my reckoning, this 100 pack should last me nearly two years.

Not a purchase, per se, but my Sister In Law gave me THIS for Christmas. I usually averaged 9-10 shaves per blade when I used them a couple years ago. We're talking 5 years of shaves if I shave every day, and I rarely do that any more.
proxy.php

Just got my latest 100 pack - Shark Super Chrome. These blades work fantastically for me, and they last 7+ shaves per blade. Oh, and it doesn't hurt they were only $11.

Actually got 200 blades 100 gillette wilkinson sword German made for my icon slant I like a moderate sharp blade in the slant for multiple passes. Also got 100 gillette 7 o clock super stainless a bit sharper than the wilkinson sword there for useing in my att m2 I can get away with a one pass shave with a bit of buffing round my jawline with the att.I'll probably get another couple of hundred 7 o clock super stainless as I like them a lot. Sammy.

Nacets because these are soo good!

I put in a bid for 200 Nacets on an online auction and was lucky to win, high stakes for a blade I hadn't tried until today, and I was delighted with the performance. I found the Nacet to be a sharp, smooth and forgiving blade. All in all, superb.

My only 100 blade purchase ever was my first ever DE blade purchase; USA made Personna Blues, and at first I hated those blades. But now they're one of my favorite blades in my DE blade arsenal. Smooth, close.

I ordered 100 Astra SP on Christmas Day, it is my first 100 blade order. I think they are the perfect everyday blade for me. I also ordered 25 GSB (have never tried them) because of the great reviews they get here on B&B.

I received 200 Lord Racers for
Christmas, so that counts as my first "100 blade purchase", at least in my mind. I wanted these because I average at least 9-10 great shaves per blade, and the price is right. That gives me 1800-2000 shaves, which is just under 5 years if I shave every day and don't use any other of the plethora of other assorted blades I have stockpiled.
proxy.php

Top Bottom