What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Thank you. I will sing your praises. I have Schheermonnik Delfts Wit. It's good soap.

Aghhh, it's sold out.
q=dutch

Oh and they also have scheermonnik 1778 beau brummel which is nice
But no Delftse donderslag, souk and there are more these days

Raven Koenes

My precious!
q=dutch

Oh and they also have scheermonnik 1778 beau brummel which is nice
But no Delftse donderslag, souk and there are more these days
Update: I found Squadron Dutch Resistance for $21.67 USD on Ebay. It's from a seller with a 100% rating and ships from the US. It should be here by June 3rd. I'll let you know what I think. Thank you for your help.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Update: I found Squadron Dutch Resistance for $21.67 USD on Ebay. It's from a seller with a 100% rating and ships from the US. It should be here by June 3rd. I'll let you know what I think. Thank you for your help.
Thead Hijacking by Chan Eil Whiskers.jpg

Last edited:
For the past few years, I've been buying Derby Premium in bulk. For my skin, I get a close shave with those (usually 3 pass), with very little to no irritation. Currently, you can buy 200 Derby Premiums on Amazon for $13.53 with free shipping if you have prime. That's less than 7 cents a blade (someone correct me if I'm wrong - it's entirely possible). Since I use a shavette a lot of the time, the blade is split in half. That's about 3.4 cents per shave. I'm a once and done guy at those prices, so I'm using a fresh blade every shave. Some day I may go back to checking out other blades, but have no interest at this point. Perfectly happy with these.

KAI. They work great for me in any razor, and they have some longevity as well. I used to love Feathers but they’re very razor dependent for me. The KAI blades are great in everything. As are the Personna med prep, but I’m leaning towards the KAI more these days.

100 Astra SS. I had a Prime day offer about to expire and given the choice of wasting it or getting free blades, the blades won.

The thread comparing the vintage vs the modern Astra SS blades gave me the incentive to give these a try.

100 Astra SPs. A friend of mine gave me a tuck to try in exchange for a tuck of Feathers. I found the shave to be as good as or better than the Feathers for a fraction of the cost. Better still, they last more than 2 shaves before heading for the bin. Winner winner chicken dinner!

Top Bottom