What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Mine took forever from Morocco to Toronto. Just as I was about to ask for a refund, the blades showed up. I wouldn’t worry, they will show up... eventually. 👍
Update from wizashave:
New tracking number and they left Marocco on Jan. 30th - well over a month after my order.
Something about a postal strike on top of the pandemic situations but no seller communication in between...
Let’s see where this leads but the urge to order again from this seller is quite low.

Vintage PolSilver Stainless - Brown Box. I was able to pick up 200 blades. Showed up today.

Attachments

• IMG_1079.jpeg
    IMG_1079.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1080.jpeg
    IMG_1080.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1081.jpeg
    IMG_1081.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 23
Astra Superior Platinum blades because they are the smoothest for my face - bought in 2013 and haven't run out yet (bought 300).

Update from wizashave:
New tracking number and they left Marocco on Jan. 30th - well over a month after my order.
Something about a postal strike on top of the pandemic situations but no seller communication in between...
Let’s see where this leads but the urge to order again from this seller is quite low.
I received my order. All is good. Just placed another a few days ago.

On Amazon I bought a 100 count Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless made in Russia for $14. They are my first and I like the shave I get with them. I have a heavy, coarse beard and had been using Feathers in my Gillette Slim. Not as sharp as Feather but sharp enough and smoother.

Just ordered Gillette Perma-Sharp Stainless box of 100 (x10 😁 ). Seems like everywhere I looked, these were going for $20 ish give or take a couple bucks. Did the prices go up on these?

I found some on AliExpress.com for $12.79 for 100 blades and free shipping. Grabbed 10 boxes of 100. First time for me to order from AliExpress so we will see. They shipped from Turkey today and are in route. AliExpress also allowed me to add coupons. They stick them in your face as you order...got $7 off sooo that helps too. Seems like a good deal compared to eBay and Amazon.

Has anyone else had good or a bad experience with AliExpress? I'd like to hear. I'm hoping what I ordered is what actually shows up. 🤞 I even messaged the seller and asked them what color the box was before I ordered. They said gold. 🎉

Last edited:
Just ordered Gillette Perma-Sharp Stainless box of 100 (x10 😁 ). Seems like everywhere I looked, these were going for $20 ish give or take a couple bucks. Did the prices go up on these?

I found some on AliExpress.com for $12.79 for 100 blades and free shipping. Grabbed 10 boxes of 100. First time for me to order from AliExpress so we will see. They shipped from Turkey today and are in route. AliExpress also allowed me to add coupons. They stick them in your face as you order...got $7 off sooo that helps too. Seems like a good deal compared to eBay and Amazon.

Has anyone else had good or a bad experience with AliExpress? I'd like to hear. I'm hoping what I ordered is what actually shows up. 🤞 I even messaged the seller and asked them what color the box was before I ordered. They said gold. 🎉

Perma-Sharps are produced by P&G PPI for the Turkish market so the location of dispatch fits well in. :thumbsup: They don’t get as much airtime here as GSB, Nacet or Gillette Platinum but I think they are an equally great offering from PPI as the above. I like them and have currently 200 on stock.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Perma-Sharps are produced by P&G PPI for the Turkish market so the location of dispatch fits well in. :thumbsup: They don’t get as much airtime here as GSB, Nacet or Gillette Platinum but I think they are an equally great offering from PPI as the above. I like them and have currently 200 on stock.
I love the Perma Sharp Gold blades. Can’t stand GSB. Nacets and Plats are just okay for me. It’s definitely a ymmv thing. I discovered the Perma Sharps after many years of ignoring them when it was recommended to me as one of the best blades for the Charcoal Goods razors. Now I can’t stop using them. When I see them on eBay for around $14 shipped I’ll grab a pack. Probably my #2 blade right now behind Polsilver/Wizamet.

I love the Perma Sharp Gold blades. Can’t stand GSB. Nacets and Plats are just okay for me. It’s definitely a ymmv thing. I discovered the Perma Sharps after many years of ignoring them when it was recommended to me as one of the best blades for the Charcoal Goods razors. Now I can’t stop using them. When I see them on eBay for around $14 shipped I’ll grab a pack. Probably my #2 blade right now behind Polsilver/Wizamet.
We seem to like the same things :c1: Perma-Sharps and Polsilver are my favourites. I hope the Wizamets hold true as well as I'm down to 9 Polsilvers...

My outlier from the PPI bunch is the Nacet they feel prickly to me. GSB's are fine as are the Platinums (dark blue, silver, white).

We seem to like the same things :c1: Perma-Sharps and Polsilver are my favourites. I hope the Wizamets hold true as well as I'm down to 9 Polsilvers...

My outlier from the PPI bunch is the Nacet they feel prickly to me. GSB's are fine as are the Platinums (dark blue, silver, white).
I find the Wizamets and PolSilvers to be equals. I actually think the Wizamet is a hair smoother and I do mean ever so slightly but I'm sure that is just in my head.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I find the Wizamets and PolSilvers to be equals. I actually think the Wizamet is a hair smoother and I do mean ever so slightly but I'm sure that is just in my head.

It has been very thoroughly documented that the modern Polsilver and modern current Wizamet blades are the same exact blade in a different box. Since these are my main blades, I have used untold dozens of these things, and have compared them very closely. I can not tell a single difference between the two. I treat them as one and the same. In fact I have stopped looking for Polsilver blades becasue the Wizemets are readily available and exactly the same blade as far as I'm concerned. Any perceived difference may just be in your head. :)

I think Im set for a while. :eek2:

2021-02-11 10.44.48.jpg

It has been very thoroughly documented that the modern Polsilver and modern current Wizamet blades are the same exact blade in a different box. Since these are my main blades, I have used untold dozens of these things, and have compared them very closely. I can not tell a single difference between the two. I treat them as one and the same. In fact I have stopped looking for Polsilver blades becasue the Wizemets are readily available and exactly the same blade as far as I'm concerned. Any perceived difference may just be in your head. :)

View attachment 1221418
I have 500 underway and should be set for live with another 2-3 sticks....

Reactions: abj

I've been saying this, and yet you still get people that swear that Wizamets are either a bit sharper or that they have significantly more longevity when compared to Polsilvers.

Top Bottom