What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

When I first got the Personna reds the first shave would be great. The second one would give me redness and irritation but only if I used them on back to back days. After starting to use Gillette Techs I retried them and now they’re consistently giving me great shaves
Definitely find what works. Just save those for when you may like them More. You'd be surprised what more technique will do!!!

16018391598335558937155933710499.jpg

Curious about these so I grabbed them!!!

Personna Lab Blues. Sharp but smooth. Got a good price made better with a bonus 20 blades thrown in. Also, recently purchased a 100 pack of Permasharp blades. Great price and love these blades as well. Sharper than Blues, just not as smooth. Now I have, my daily shave blades (Blues) and the 2+ day beard blades (Permasharp). While those 2 brands should be enough, I'll probably come up with reasons for others, I suffer from a mild case of RAD.

100 voskhods - best out of my blades sampler so far.
100 dorco prime - liked both st301 and prime
100 derby premium - bought this for shaving my neck when I have a beard. 1st shave is blah. Rest are good.
I have a beard for most of the year so this should last forever. Not sure why I didn’t go with astra sp

You're welcome :)

I have only tried a couple of Lord Super Chrome before.
I find them a bit sharper than Lord Platinum and Astra SP, but not as sharp as Lord Superstar or Astra SS.
And 13 Euros for 200 blades, incl shipping, is a really great deal IMO.
Lord Superstar? What are those?

My last 100 blade purchase phew thats going back erm...id say 4 yrs ago when i was first trying out blades ....and the hundred would of been racers...the reason...when i wS younger i used to be extremely good at running until one day i was pushed off of a half pipe while rollerblading and went off the side and buggered my knees i couldnt run as fast again because it hurt to much....so it kinda reminded me of those days ...ended up being a good choice because i dont mind them

Silver Star, PermaSharp, and Dorco Titan. The prices were right for all of them. I have always wanted to try Perma-Sharp and got the 100 blades for $10, so I hope I like them. My silver star blades were all gone, since I like them I replaced them with more. The Dorco Titan, I purchased on a whim, I hope they don't suck.

Last edited:
Received 100 gillette sharpedge yellows last week for less than $20 CAD so about $15 USD. This is a pretty good price in Canada shipped from in Canada. Yesterday ordered 200 treet platinums which I got for less than $17 CAD or about $13.25 USD from the same ebay seller really couldn't pass them up. This morning got 100 vintage Schick stainless blades for $25.5 USD took a gamble on these but thought it was probably worth the risk.....I have BAD.....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

I ordered some shave creams and soaps from Maggard and to make 45$ for the reduced 2 day shipping I added on a sleeve of Topaz Stainless razor blades. So I have 400 blades coming this week between two orders. I'll be sending some tucks to my brother, father and cousin.

Top Bottom