What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

I like PolSilver the best. I saw this thread:

so I bought 250 Wizamets last week. Why? It seemed like a no-brainer.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
1 and 3? Especially 3 I don’t understand?
And I thought Lord SS was considered a better blade but I’ve never actually tried Silver Star.
Now I want to.... crap.
I've done 12 shaves on a Silver Star blade. Still working well. I wouldn't hesitate to buy 100.

1 and 3? Especially 3 I don’t understand?
And I thought Lord SS was considered a better blade but I’ve never actually tried Silver Star.
Now I want to.... crap.
Silver Star totally surprised me. It's one of the best, if not the best blades Lord makes. Racer Platinum is very good, as well. Both of these brands work extremely well with open comb razors such as Fatip.

On amazon, they are currently only $8/100 with fast shipping. I'd consider that one of the best values in blades I've ever seen.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Silver Star totally surprised me. It's one of the best, if not the best blades Lord makes. Racer Platinum is very good, as well. Both of these brands work extremely well with open comb razors such as Fatip.

On amazon, they are currently only $8/100 with fast shipping. I'd consider that one of the best values in blades I've ever seen.
I am honestly shocked by them. It was "okay" the first time I used it. But I used one yesterday? I believe, with shave number 12 on it. Shave number 11 was used on my handsome face with 3 or 4 or 5 days growth, so I figured I'd be tossing it. Nope. Shave number 12 was as smooth as shave number 12 on a GSB. Just weird. If I can slip an $8 expenditure past the War Department I will.

I can always tell her they are for PIFing to others......

Which leads me to an ABSOLUTELY amazing idea for a new thread! Thank you Gents!!!

I just bought some GSB after going through a 3-month blade re-testing. Honestly, all the blades I tested did weel but the GSB's were just super smooth. I will continue to test some of the same blades and some new ones as they come but the GSB's were just too smooth to put off any longer. Here is the list of what I tested and how I ranked them. The only one I really didn't like at all was the Treet but I will try it again in a few weeks.

1. Gillette Silver Blue
  2. Rapira Platinum Lux
  3. Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
  4. BIC Chrome Platinum
  5. Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow
  6. Personna Lab Blue
  7. Voskhod
  8. Nacet SS
  9. Treet

1. Gillette Silver Blue
  2. Rapira Platinum Lux
  3. Gillette 7 O’Clock Black
  4. BIC Chrome Platinum
This is the list I would approve, with one little remark. Rapira Lux for me were super dull, basically pulling facial hair instead of cutting it.
BIC is the sharpest, Gillette Black is second. GSB, also is a good blade.
now I have heard here that new Czech blade Tatra platinum trumps GSB in sharpness and smoothness.
I wish some would do a comparison review, before I order 100 Tatra.

IMG_8966.jpg

Bought a 100ct of Perma-Sharp. I felt like I need a sharper blade for my RR GC .84 than my usual Astra SPs.

Purchased 100 Czech Tiger Platinum from Amazon (less than $10), based on reviews from everywhere. The reviews were proven correct (for me). Then I bought 100 Czech Tatra Platinum (same factory) for the same reason. Once again the reviews were proven correct. I took a chance and I am happy with the results.

Finally pulled the trigger on the Wizamet Super Iridium blades. Gott 100. Now I have over 700 blades with Personna Med Preps and Labs being the most.

Purchased 100 Czech Tiger Platinum from Amazon (less than $10), based on reviews from everywhere. The reviews were proven correct (for me). Then I bought 100 Czech Tatra Platinum (same factory) for the same reason. Once again the reviews were proven correct. I took a chance and I am happy with the results.
Very interesting. Who is the winner Tiger or Tatra ? How does winner compare with GSB ? Thanks

😭 Just took them out of a shopping cart, encouraged by others' reviews. But thought I don't need more blades, then you posted. :mellow:

100 Tatra blades from Gemstone trading in the UK. They were less than £7 delivered. I think I have enough blades now to last me a lifetime or two

IMHO, I like both the Czech Tiger Platinum and the Czech Tatra better than both Gillette SB and Astra. They perform about the same. I have tried each of them in RR Game Changer, Rockwell 6C, RR Lupo, Rex Ambassador, and Occams DE Razor. Still have to try them in one of my older Gillette's (Superspeed or Black Beauty) and a Merkur Slant. They both have performed well in those razors. I typically toss a blade after 2 or 3 shaves, so I cannot comment on how long they may go for you. All you can do is try them and decide if they work for your face, razor and shaving technique (YMMV). Over 90 percent of the reviews have been positive for these blades. The cost vs. performance is excellent.

Re-tried ordering Wizamet 250 pack from wizashave.com Feb 7; received shipping notice Feb 10. Now just waiting for the slow boat & mule train to get them to me.

In the interim, I have ordered a Blackland Vector. It would be hilarious if I suddenly decided I want to go primarily AC after purchasing ~500 DE blades (I know, minuscule count to many guys here!) over the past few months.

Picked up a 1,000 Rapira Swedish SuperSteel, 350 Rapira Platinum Lux and 800 GSBs. Why? I have BAD real bad, that's why. :laugh:

I am also thinking about picking up 1,000 Gillette Permasharps and 1,000 Vidyut Super Platinum. :001_tongu
You be able to keep on shaving through a couple of zombie apocalypses...? apocalypsi..? You'll be able to keep on shaving no matter what!

Top Bottom