What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Feather Hi-Stainless; I was running low on Feathers and there was a good sale price at $19. Oh, well, now I should be set on blades for several years at least. Just in time for the 2020 sabbatical!

100 Gillette stainless blades the other week. These blades seem to shave like other modern Gillette blades just somewhat more rare in the west.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

100 BiC Chrome...because my sample blade totally surprised me with amazing results. It was actually my first 100 blade purchase.

Wilkinson Sword.

Honestly not my favorite blade, but I get almost no ingrowns when I use this blade and ingrown hairs are why I switched to a single blade years ago. Feather is so smooth, but I almost always get some ingrowns. Polsilver is probably the smoothest where I get hardly any, but Wilkie is closest to zero.

What I haven't bought but still might: A reliable vendor on eBay has GSB 100s for $12 as I write this. Only thing stopping me is that I still have 95 of the things and they'll last for years.

I love Rapira Lux and wanted to see the difference oh and I have issues with buying too many blades.
4390CA32-AF60-4267-9BB0-894D05737188.jpeg

Bought 400 GSBs this week (the $12/hundred sale on eBay). Why? Eh, no idea. To me the GSB is the blade that always works in any razor every time. Blade fads come and go but the GSB always stands tall. Couldn't resist the sale.

You can never go wrong with a GSB, imho.

Ordered on Saturday from Maggards and received order today, 100 of Astra SP from Maggards, was running low of last years order. Along with them I heard allot of good things of Tiger blades so I included a 100, yup, I fell down the razor rabbit hole too.

Ordered on Saturday from Maggards and received order today, 100 of Astra SP from Maggards, was running low of last years order. Along with them I heard allot of good things of Tiger blades so I included a 100, yup, I fell down the razor rabbit hole too.
You’re amongst friends. It’s ok. We’ve all done it.

250 Wizamet Iridium Supers.

Because they are cheaper than Polsilvers. Because they may or may not be better than Polsilvers. Something different.

250 Wizamet Iridium Supers.

Because they are cheaper than Polsilvers. Because they may or may not be better than Polsilvers. Something different.

Indeed. After stocking up on GSBs over the last week, I put in a new order for a 250-sleeve of Wizamets, just because. It's my 4th and brings my Wizamet count up to 1,000. For the hell of it.

Three in a row for 250 Wizamets; mine are the Russian ones. I like them better than Polsilvers for whatever subjective reason. From time to time, I get worried that a discontinued favorite will be unavailable (yes, yes, I hear you Polsilver people). Nonetheless, the Wizamet siren called and I answered.

I'm thinking about super max blue diamonds, since they're 10 cents a blade on amazon, but my last two were 100 Israeli Personnas and 150 Wizamets.

Three in a row for 250 Wizamets; mine are the Russian ones. I like them better than Polsilvers for whatever subjective reason. From time to time, I get worried that a discontinued favorite will be unavailable (yes, yes, I hear you Polsilver people). Nonetheless, the Wizamet siren called and I answered.

I am pretty sure all the Wizamets out there in the 250-sleeves are Russian Gillette ones. The "original" Polish Wizamets (in the brown wrapper) are exceedingly rare and expensive. I have 5 of them (blades, not sleeves LOL). They're quite nice but imho no better than a Russian one, just different. They're a little less sharp and a little smoother than modern Wizamets and on my skin seem more like Gillette Platinums than anything else. That is to say, a little less sharp and more smooth than a Polsilver. (Though the Polish ones are in fact called Polsilvers).

Top Bottom