What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

200 Feathers.

Why ?

Had a crappy shave with a Crystal (just wanted to try it) and figured that I might as well stock up on the blade that I liked the most so far.

I think I am all set for the better part of 2020’s :)

BB04B689-D7EB-4F1C-8152-9C886784A5DF.jpeg

Silver Star (Lord) from eBay. I've been using Shark SS exclusively for some time now and while I love them for being smooth and forgiving, recently I've been wishing they would be a bit sharper and last a bit longer; I get 3 shaves out of a Shark SS and sometimes even that is pushing it.

As it turns out these Silver Star blades (also from Lord) are exactly what I was looking for: same feel as Shark SS, but decidedly sharper and good for a minimum of 6 shaves with my usage. Excellent value.

interesting. i always assumed the various lord brands were all the same. anyone else able to comment?

300 Shark half blades for my shavettes - because Shark are the only blades I use now. I get perfect shave with them, in shavettes or safety razors. For me, it’s a safe buy and they are cheap. I usually buy 100 DE blades and 300 halves, because those are the best deals on Amazon.

interesting. i always assumed the various lord brands were all the same. anyone else able to comment?
The Lord offerings are not all the same. I'm not saying there isn't some overlap, but I'm sure the Silver Stars perform much better than any other Lord blade I've ever used. I also prefer the Shark Chromes over the Shark SS. Lord Platinums are just 'OK' for me, but I enjoy Racers. Ascos are not as good as Lord Plats to me.

There are some posted on that internet auction site. The 250 packs seem to be gone now but there are 150 and 100 and 500 and 1000 available. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Gillette Rubie (5 & 1 free) 20 packs because I found them in a small shop here in the Philippines for 12 Pesos about .23 USD for 6 blades. I think they had them marked wrong because I usually see them for about .75 USD per pack. So I bought the whole display card of 20 packs.
GilletteRubie.jpg
GilletteRubie.jpg

Last edited:
I shared 200 Feathers with a friend. They provide me reliably with good shaves and I do not have the issues others are reporting. And 200 ensure a good value.

Top Bottom