What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Astra SP x 200

Why ? Because they are a great value right now, and it’s my benchmark blade. Not because it’s the best, but because it’s the one I know I can reliably get a good shave with.

100 x Derby USTA
Why? Curiosity, some say they are better than Derby Premiums which i like btw., some say they are the same as the Premiums and just branded differently and others claim they are not nearly as good. Some say they are thick others claim they are very thin. So i decided to order some and find out for myself if i like them or not.

100 x Derby Premiums
Why? I like them and just in case it's true that they are to be replaced by the USTA blades.

100 x Dorco Titan
Why? They were really cheap, and my experience with Dorco blades is limited, so i decided to give them a try.

Last edited:
100 x Derby USTA
Why? Curiosity, some say they are better than Derby Premiums which i like btw., some say they are the same as the Premiums and just branded differently and others claim they are not nearly as good. So i decided to order some and find out for myself if i like them or not.

Same here

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just bought 100 pc of GEM Personna SS PTFE blades for my ever expanding collection of GEM razors.
Gem blades 100pc (2).jpg Just a great sharp blade.
Have some great shaves!

Got 200 BIC Chrome Plats. I wanted a sharp blade that wasn't a Feather or Nacet and the BICs were decently priced at $9 for 100.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Had to stock up, so got 100 of each.
Dorco primes
Personna reds
Crystal
Rapira platinum lux

Personna lab blues. They were just delivered today in fact! Why did I buy them though? That's a good question. I didnt get any in my last blade sampler, and I've never used one... but from going over countless reviews this seems on par with the blades I DO prefer out of my sampler pack. Add in the whole "made in the USA" thing and I decided to pull that trigger. I guess I'll see if I made a $13 mistake tomorrow!

Astra SP because they have a great reputation. I don't intend to buy anything else in the future.

Yes, I just bought 200 and will probably buy another 2-300 soon (just like ammo, you never know when it is going to suddenly disappear or double in price).

After all my experimentations with blades in my 10-brands sample order, Astra SP is the only one to consistently produce an irritation free, BBS or near grade shave day after day. Switching out inevitably results in nicks and red spots.

Israeli Personna Red. They're sharp, smooth, and last for two weeks without much dropoff. At the rate I go through them, I currently have a five year's supply.

croma100pack.jpg
After giving them a go, off-and-on, for a year in my Parker Variant, I walked into Pasteur Pharmacy while in Gotham yesterday and walked out with a 100-pack (20 five-packs) of Croma Diamants. They've really worked for me, and I was lucky to just be able to walk in and grab 'em in quantity. I really do think these are some of the best under-the-radar blades around. Only other blades I bother to keep on hand now are Astra Superior Stainless (think I have about seven or eight packs) and KAIs (maybe two or three packs). I do notice that the packaging and blade labeling of these are different from what's available via Amazon, but I'm not certain of the differenced simply begin and end there.

Top Bottom