What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Are you talkin’ the Swiss ones or the diamond-shaped ones made in Turkey? Or maybe the doubled-filled ones out of the Czech Republic [emoji38]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So far it's been the Swiss product. But I can see I have an edu-ma-cation coming up! Thank you for that. Do you have a preference or recommendation? They sound very - Toblerone; in a good way!

I've been holding back on shaving related purchases for the last little bit but got the itch again so I decided to go with blades as opposed to a 26th razor or more soap/aftershave as I'll surely (eventually) use the blades up.

So I tried some single sample blades a while back and, based on how well they worked for me, I ended up buying 100 Kai, Perma Sharp, and Gillette Rubie blades.

Over the weekend I saw some blades on sale at Italian Barber and ended up buying 100 each of Voskhod and Rapira Sweedish Supersteels. I've never used the Rapiras so they're a bit of a gamble.

Very Smooth, I will put them in the rotation with Personna's (Reds-5 pk., Labs, Med Prep) & Feather. I still haven't found a Russian blade that works for me yet.
Dorco Prime 3.jpeg

So far it's been the Swiss product. But I can see I have an edu-ma-cation coming up! Thank you for that. Do you have a preference or recommendation? They sound very - Toblerone; in a good way!
Well I've got a 100 pack of Tatra Platinums on the way. Heard they were the quality of Godiva at a Sees price. Of course, I do like me some Sees every now and then :)

W at a Sees price. Of course, I do like me some Sees every now and then :)

The year after we moved out to Atlanta we had a Sees' craving something awful for Valentine. The Price for shipping with a dry ice pack was the cost of the pound or two of chocolates! We've been on a Sees' diet ever since. (Well, actually, the three others who counted have all passed; so ordering for just me isn't worth it anymore.)

Now Czech blades, and others I haven't seen before? oh, dear... thx!

The year after we moved out to Atlanta we had a Sees' craving something awful for Valentine. The Price for shipping with a dry ice pack was the cost of the pound or two of chocolates! We've been on a Sees' diet ever since. (Well, actually, the three others who counted have all passed; so ordering for just me isn't worth it anymore.)

Now Czech blades, and others I haven't seen before? oh, dear... thx!

Yes the Tatras are $10 for a 100 pack right now on Amazon so ordered a box. I’ve got more than enough blades for now.

Cheers to chocolate of all types! [emoji16]

I've got 100 Voskhods on the way from Italian Barber, and a 10 pack of Landa's since I saw some good reviews.
My first 100 blade purchase was Astra SP when I first started wet shaving in 2016 and they have served me well.
I have a few tucks of various blades and i'll change out every 5-10 shaves just because. My last blades were
Rapira Platinum Lux and they seemed dull to me so I changed blades 3 times and they were still dull so I put
in a Voskhod and have been getting great shaves. I don't know what happened to my Rapiras as I have used them before with no issues.

I've got 100 Voskhods on the way from Italian Barber, and a 10 pack of Landa's since I saw some good reviews.
My first 100 blade purchase was Astra SP when I first started wet shaving in 2016 and they have served me well.
I have a few tucks of various blades and i'll change out every 5-10 shaves just because. My last blades were
Rapira Platinum Lux and they seemed dull to me so I changed blades 3 times and they were still dull so I put
in a Voskhod and have been getting great shaves. I don't know what happened to my Rapiras as I have used them before with no issues.

I’m a fan on the Voskhods. I find them very smooth and sharp enough for my taste. Have yet to try any of the Rapiras.

I’m a fan on the Voskhods. I find them very smooth and sharp enough for my taste. Have yet to try any of the Rapiras.

I really like the Voskhod blades and shaved with one today. I find them smoother and sharper than the Astra SP.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

200 Kai double edge. They’re fast becoming my grail blade specially in the R41.
Kai are great blades. Bought 40 blades just to try, but I could easily stock up on them. Only thing holding me back is that they are ridiculously expensive...
How much did you pay for them, and where from?

Top Bottom