What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

400 GSBs.

My top 3 are: Polsilver , GSB and Personna platinum, the difference between them is small.

Polsilver is too expensive, and Personna is getting sharper and sharper after the second use.

The last reason ,GSBs on sale now.:001_302:

200 Gillette Wilkinson Sword blades arrived from India.

proxy.php

I’m stocking up on blades again.....
I think I’ll get 100 Personna Lab Blues.
They were always a smooth dependable blade and cheap enough through Amazon. I have enough Russian made blades so I’ll invest in US made ones again. I can easily get 10 shaves from each one.

I used a 5 pack of blades from sally beauty, that look different than the usual "barber personna" blades. They say 25% sharper, ad comfort coated and come in an all white plastic box with no writing on the box or the blades. Made in USA.

It was such a sweet shave I decided to buy 100 lab blues which seem to be the same blade but with the personna logo on the blades.

Personna is a difficult company to understand though. Who knows what I just bought 100 of....

I've only bought two 100 packs.
The first was Astra and I didn't regret that at all.
The second was Shark. I wish I hadn't bought all of those Sharks. They're okay, but they don't give a very enjoyable shave for me.

Not 100 but 200
Supermax Super Stainless
Special price 200 blades €9,95
First I bought 10 blades to see if they were ok. Decent blades, nothing special but for €9,95 they are ok.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Bought a 100 Nacets without trying one first...first time I've ever done that. Why? I was collecting stats for Slantember and OCtober, and the Nacet was the most used blade in both of those monthly events. Luckily for me, the numbers didn't lie -- I really like the shave I get from them....reminds me of Gillette Silver Blues, but much more inexpensive.

Here are some blade stats from those two events -- you can also see similar stats on razors and shaver at these two links: Slantember Stats and OCtober Stats

Top 3 Blades with the most shaves -- the “I own 500 of these” category
(Total Shaves Recorded: Slantember = 205 | OCtober = 838)
SlantemberOCtober
Nacet: 33 shaves
Nacet: 99 shaves
Astra Sp: 28 shaves
Astra Sp: 89 shaves
Voskhod: 18 shaves
Personna Red: 56 shaves

Top 3 Blades with the most shavers -- the “Favorites to Cut” category
(Total Shavers: Slantember = 24 | OCtober = 80)
SlantemberOCtober
Nacet: 7 shavers
Astra Sp: 21 shavers
Astra Sp: 5 shavers
Nacet: 18 shavers
Gillette Silver Blue: 5 shavers
Feather: 15 shavers
Voskhod: 5 shavers

Last edited:
Bought a 100 Nacets without trying one first...first time I've ever done that. Why? I was collecting stats for Slantember and OCtober, and the Nacet was the most used blade in both of those monthly events. Luckily for me, the numbers didn't lie -- I really like the shave I get from them....reminds me of Gillette Silver Blues, but much more inexpensive.

Here are some blade stats from those two events -- you can also see similar stats on razors and shaver at these two links: Slantember Stats and OCtober Stats

Top 3 Blades with the most shaves -- the “I own 500 of these” category
(Total Shaves Recorded: Slantember = 205 | OCtober = 838)
SlantemberOCtober
Nacet: 33 shaves
Nacet: 99 shaves
Astra Sp: 28 shaves
Astra Sp: 89 shaves
Voskhod: 18 shaves
Personna Red: 56 shaves

Top 3 Blades with the most shavers -- the “Favorites to Cut” category
(Total Shavers: Slantember = 24 | OCtober = 80)
SlantemberOCtober
Nacet: 7 shavers
Astra Sp: 21 shavers
Astra Sp: 5 shavers
Nacet: 18 shavers
Gillette Silver Blue: 5 shavers
Feather: 56 shavers
Voskhod: 5 shavers

Good info. Thanks.

240 Lord Super Stainless at the dirt cheap price of a little over 3 dollars from a flea market. They may be fakes as the on the back of the carton it says in Spanish "hecho en China" meaning made in China while on the packs there's the adress in Egypt for Lord. But even so... I'm going to try them and even if they are no good I am not down by much anyway.
Some images for your viewing pleasure :
IMG_20191110_140634.jpg
IMG_20191110_143725.jpg
IMG_20191110_144234.jpg

240 Lord Super Stainless at the dirt cheap price of a little over 3 dollars from a flea market. They may be fakes as the on the back of the carton it says in Spanish "hecho en China" meaning made in China while on the packs there's the adress in Egypt for Lord. But even so... I'm going to try them and even if they are no good I am not down by much anyway.
Some images for your viewing pleasure :
View attachment 1033638View attachment 1033639View attachment 1033640
Is that rust I see on the Lord lettering? The whole blade looks sketchy but if you are willing to shave with them let us know how it went.

Is that rust I see on the Lord lettering? The whole blade looks sketchy but if you are willing to shave with them let us know how it went.
I had a close look at the lettering and it seems to be actually a reflection of light as the ink used is not black but rather a dark olive drab with some tan reflections in the light. The blade does have some tiny imperfections but I'm not going to use that one but another one from the same tuck.
There will be some waiting involved as I just shaved yesterday evening with a Rapira Super Stainless and I usually shave once a week.

250 Personna med preps because they were a very good price and appear to be a quality blade as I have never used one

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Top Bottom