What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

How do you know this to be factually true? Edgewell lost revenue last year on all shaving products which is in their annual financial report and they have to stop the "hemorrhaging".

Well two of the biggest Shaving retailers who sell DE blades in the U.K. if not Europe advise that the Personna Plat. (Red IPs) are there best selling blades (Executive Shaving and Connaught). So I would be surprised if the big US retailers, Maggards and West Coast Shaving et al would sell more German made Wilkies than in Europe, with the possible exception of German retailers!.

I didn’t make any comment about the profitability of Edgewell or otherwise. Merely that it would not be good business practice surely to stop producing a Blade that sells significantly more than another. If production is moved to Solingen I can see the price of Reds going up.

@ $7.99 SHIPPED , I couldn't resist !
gillette.jpg

Also Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow's. On my second 100 pack now. Very forgiving in a Muhle R41 (as well as my milder razors) and they get the job done.

I tried Feather blades and my leg fell off :).

Not man enough for that one.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
100 Nacets. Been reading good things about them. Tried one from a sampler and tend to agree. Plus, of course, you can never have too many blades.

Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow's. On my second 100 pack now. Very forgiving in a Muhle R41 (as well as my milder razors) and they get the job done.

I have Yellows and Astra SP (plus Personna Reds on the shelf) but they don't get used since my GSB and Nacets are simply that little bit better. I use a R41 too.

Earlier in this thread I commented about not being man enough for Feather blades. Particularly in my "aggressive" razors. Afterwards, I read somewhere that Feather's All Stainless DE razor ($162 Amazon) is intentionally "mild" in nature due to the sharpness of Feather's blades. An expensive test on my part, but as the bad guy in a Dirty Harry once said, "I gots ta know." So I bought this Feather All Stainless DE razor and what I read is correct. The combination of the mild Feather razor with a sharp Feather blade made for a comfortable and close shave. Now I need to up my stock of 10 Fearsome Feather blades with more. The Feather Razor and Feather Blades are now part of my normal "which do I feel like using today" whims. Decisions, decisions.....

Today I received 100 Feathers and 100 Personna Israeli Reds. I was down to my last 10 pack of Feathers and rumor has it the Personna Reds are being moved to a new production facility, so I wanted to stock up. I now have enough Astra SP's, GSB's, Nacets, Feathers and Personna Reds to last me until 2025!

Earlier in this thread I commented about not being man enough for Feather blades. Particularly in my "aggressive" razors. Afterwards, I read somewhere that Feather's All Stainless DE razor ($162 Amazon) is intentionally "mild" in nature due to the sharpness of Feather's blades. An expensive test on my part, but as the bad guy in a Dirty Harry once said, "I gots ta know." So I bought this Feather All Stainless DE razor and what I read is correct. The combination of the mild Feather razor with a sharp Feather blade made for a comfortable and close shave. Now I need to up my stock of 10 Fearsome Feather blades with more. The Feather Razor and Feather Blades are now part of my normal "which do I feel like using today" whims. Decisions, decisions.....

To tell you the truth, I've forgotten myself in all this excitement.

Blue diamond titanium's are nice blades. Don't last quite as long as 7 O'Clock blacks but lots of good shaves each.

I have seen some good chatter on the blade and Connaught is almost giving them away so I took a chance. If they don't work well for me they'll be PIF'ed or donated to the Great Blade Exchange.

Top Bottom