What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'll probably not be buying any more 100 packs of blades, as I've started buying them in 15s or 25s at a time instead. Slightly less cost effective, but there's several reasons for this.

I only use about 25 to 30 blades a year, and already have a few hundred to hand (500+). Blades are one of the few things I don't mind having a variety of, and there's several blades I wanted to keep in the arsenal.

By moving to lower quantities like this, I've got a good supply of several favourites, plus a few others in smaller amounts, whilst still keeping the overall quantity at a level that would be realistic for me to actually use up one day (enough to keep me shaving till I'm 65)

Tucks are kept in a small cardboard box kept in the bedroom, which limits the amount of purchases (no spending if there's no room in the box), and orphaned blades from opened tucks go in a small tupperware tub in the bathroom, for picking out the next blade from.

IMG_20190123_021724.jpg

The small ziploc bag is what's left of the test queue, and that lives in the tub too. I think that's down to about 10 blades (so there's still a chance I might want to get a couple more brands in stock at some point) and there's about 25 loose (orphaned) blades in the tub as well. All I need to do as time goes by, is keep topping up the tub from the tucks, as the blades get used up, and make sure I don't buy more tucks than will fit in the box. I feel much happier doing this than buying multiple 100 packs, and having an array I couldn't possibly use up.

I recently bought 100 Gillette Platinum and 100 Rapira Platinum Lux blades from Razor Emporium because I appreciate a sharp, quality blade. I enjoy both Gillette and Rapira blades very much.

Bought 200 Persona Platinum blades for just under $29 Canadian so about $21.50 USD.....great price for 200 great blades so I couldn't say no.....

Added 200 Gillette Nacets, so now have 500. They are my favourite blade in my den as they have perfect balance (sharp/smooth) for my beard and skin. Also price was great $23.00 for 200 blades, and thats shipped.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Purchased 100 Rapira platinum lux on sale for $8.00. Never tried them before so I took a chance because they were from a reputable dealer at a good price, so if I don't like them I will just pif them to another.

Got great deals on Astra SPs and Feather blades. 200 each on Amazon Prime. Shaving 3-4x a week, week per blade I am set for the next 7.6 years.

I bought 400 Voshkods, 200 Rapira Platinum Lux, 200 Lab Blues, and 100 Astra SPs.

I am set for a while, but I make no promises not to buy more blades.

I just wish that Astra was not owned by Gillette.

I learned in this forum that the use of these blades is the path to nirvana! Today I used them. I am delighted! Without blood, without cuts, without irritation, but full BBC! I recommend to use. Sincerely, Yevgeny Zhukov.

Attachments

• 20190211_172421.jpg
    20190211_172421.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 20190211_172556.jpg
    20190211_172556.jpg
    889.4 KB · Views: 77
I'm waiting for a box of Derby Usta to arrive.
Why? I've had really good luck with all the Derby variants in the past, and it seemed worth a ten-spot to check out the new ones.

100 Rapira Platinum Luxs....as after sampling them, they were the perfect blade for me. Plus needed a few other things and the vendor had them for $7.99...so it just made sense to add to order.

100 Gillette Wilkinson Sword - I was curious and according to some posters these should be ok blades...
Oh - and these were 6.55$ including shipping from India.

Top Bottom