What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Israeli Reds because they are a nice daily goto blade, and also because they were out of 7 O 'Clock yellows.

After many sample packs and much deliberation, I made my first 100 pack purchase. Astra. There were 5 or 6 I could hardly choose between but practicality ($18 per 100) won out and I had to make a choice. Now it will last me for over 4 years. That's the problem with a light beard - too long in between new purchases of ANY shaving accoutrements :001_unsur

Dorco 400. Because nobody else knows anything about them and because they are indicated to be substantially heavier than the 300/301.

So it was you who purchased them from that Chinese trade platform after my post? Have they arrived already? What are your impressions if they did?
I see the seller increased the price drastically...

So it was you who purchased them from that Chinese trade platform after my post? Have they arrived already? What are your impressions if they did?
I see the seller increased the price drastically...
Two blades down , pretty rough. Awful actually. I'll swltch razors for third shave then I'm done. The indicated weight was wrong.

100 Personna Lab Blues and 84 Indian 7 O'Clock blacks. I now have a lifetime supply of them. Great blades, should get over 100 shaves each (which is why I have a lifetime supply plus!)

100 Wilkinson Sword Classic because are good enough for me, I get 6 shaves per blade, and are cheap on supermarket, 0.71$ for a 5 blades pack

100 Polsilver from Razor blades club. Didn’t realize they were coming from Germany, but whatever. I’ve found Polsilvers to be extremely smooth and sharp. So between those, GSB and Nacet I have a pretty good supply.

100 Gillette Silver Blue from Amazon Canada. Love these blades and price was $15.95 Canadian for 100 blades which is a definite deal. I only want 3 shaves per blade so at just over a nickel a shave it’s a steal.

200 Derby Premium. When these blades work well for me they are very good indeed - they deliver a high-end DFS with two quick passes and a BBS with three. They can vary, but when they're great they're better than great!

Just bought a 100 pack of super max diamond titaniums.

Reason: the 100 pack of standard super max diamond is kicking butt.

Edit: also bought a 100 pack of Gillette minoras. These are pretty darn close to my old Swedes. They are worth the extra cost.

A 100 pack of Bic Astors (the ones in the red packaging). At the equivalent of 10 dollars for 100 directly from a local grocery store. I said "why not?" They're smooth but not too sharp. Voskhod comes to mind as the closest thing to these. Don't regret picking them up.

100 polsilvers purchsed on 1-12. They just showed up today from Razor blades club. Wish I would’ve bought more as I now see they’ve went up in price by about $10.

Top Bottom