What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

GSB. I've been trying a bunch of new blades and hit an appealing sharp/smooth sweet spot. Also, in country, free shipping, good price. I grabbed 50 Nacets too which seem almost as promising.

My last blade purchase was about a year or so ago. IB had Feathers on for $25 CAD. Wish now I had purchased more. Hopefully I'll strike on another deal so I can make a bulk purchase.

Still awaiting a Rockwell 6S that ought to be here this week. May experiment with other blades with it but thus far the Feather is my blade of choice.

I just purchased 200 Nacet blades for $24. My reserve of GSBs and Nacets will now exceed 550. Given I’m less than halfway through each of my 100 packs of Polsilver SIs, Astra SPs and Personna reds, I should be done for some time and be able to survive any Russia boycott. Yeah, that’s it, I bought because of a fear of a boycott.

Derby Premium and Perma-Sharp.

proxy.php

Just recently received 340 Treet Durasharp, because $18 shipped from a low eBay bid. They don't last too long for me, about 2-3 really great shaves, but at $0.05 per blade, who cares?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Just bought 100 7 oClock Super platinum, 50 are for my son for Christmas and the 50 are for myself to enjoy. I bought him a training kit for shaving and cherry picked as much good stuff in case he enjoys it.
Latest blade review Rev #4 sept 15 2018.jpg

I bought 100 of the Russian feather; (Rapira Platinum Lux) The RPL has the best first pass comfort of any blade tested outside the Feather. They work great for me without the irritation of the Feather.
MM879

100 Personna platinum (reds in UK[?] packaging). Why - because they're one of the blades I have found that give me a smooth shave & I needed to buy something else to get free shipping on my order.

100 Personna Lab Blue and 100 Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India). The Lad Blues because they are exceptionally smooth blades in any razor I put them into and they are sharp but blade feel is so smooth. The GWS are smooth and also sharp and I enjoy them but the main reason is $$$. 100 good blades for $9 CDN on Amazon.

100 Personna Med Prep ($11). I bought them because they give a smooth shave and are made in the USA. I am still not sure of the difference between “Lab Blues” and “Med Prep.” Mine came in one dispenser box and each wrapped in white wax paper. Printing on the blades is very sloppy (smudged).

Ah, looks like you got some Lab Blues. They’re nice blades smooth and sharp. They were also my last 100 blade purchase.
If you see a Personna blade with the words “For Hospital Use”underneath the Personna label that will indicate that it’s a Med Prep. Yours are in the same kind of box and labeling as mine. They are very decent blades and only half the cost of the Med blades.

Ah, looks like you got some Lab Blues. They’re nice blades smooth and sharp. They were also my last 100 blade purchase.
If you see a Personna blade with the words “For Hospital Use”underneath the Personna label that will indicate that it’s a Med Prep. Yours are in the same kind of box and labeling as mine. They are very decent blades and only half the cost of the Med blades.

Thanks for the clarification, @razorhead63 ; I agree that they are a great blade!

Top Bottom