What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
  • 100 Astra blues. People keep posting that they are sharper than greens (which I like), so I figured I'd give 'em a try.

• 100 Shark Super Stainless. They seem to be the best of the brand. Besides, it was Sharko Week, so how could I not?
Now, what to do with all these blades when I die. Maybe I should designate a "blade executor." ;)

Last edited:
300 Gillette Platinums as they were dirt cheap (and I love them) and 200 NOS Polsilver Polish Stainless as they are one of the best blades I have ever tried.

Last purchases for me likely as I have thousands of blades and am not getting any younger!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
100 Shark Platinum found during Shark Week to be far better than I thought they would be...and 100 Sharp Titanium purchased after reviewing a thread where a number of B&B members had high praise for them. Both turned out to be a good purchase.

I bought 400 Supermax Diamonds. All because of a review from The Average Joe on YouTube. I used to follow him because he gives an honest no baloney review. A lot of guys that have YouTube Chanel’s are a bit “fishy”. A bit corrupt. They push certain products. Anyway, 400 Supermax Diamonds and I haven’t even tried them yet. 🤭
Excellent blade! In Romania they can be found at the Supermarket ($ 10/100 pcs)
I really like the review from The Average Joe on YouTube. Sounds like an honest guy to me. Do you know it's Romanian? By the way, why hasn't he been posting for a while?

The Gillette Nacet blades arrived. Something is weird. They are packed in 10 blades and write in Arabic on packages. Do you know
anything about this presentation? are original?
IMG_20210726_121537_4CS.jpg IMG_20210726_121615.jpg IMG_20210726_121633.jpg IMG_20210726_122413.jpg

Excellent blade! In Romania they can be found at the Supermarket ($ 10/100 pcs)
I really like the review from The Average Joe on YouTube. Sounds like an honest guy to me. Do you know it's Romanian? By the way, why hasn't he been posting for a while?
I think he ran out of stuff to try. He mostly did razor blades

The Gillette Nacet blades arrived. Something is weird. They are packed in 10 blades and write in Arabic on packages. Do you know
anything about this presentation? are original?
View attachment 1302282 View attachment 1302283 View attachment 1302284 View attachment 1302285
The actual blade looks just like mine. Since mine came in 5 packs the end reads 5 blades not 10 blades. I can’t read Arabic but there is more writing on your packaging. Mine do not mention the St. Petersburg plant but they do refer to Gillette.com on the 100 pack. It is funny because all of my other PPI blades refer to St. Petersburg. The individual tucks also have a serial or production number on them that seems to be pressed in with no ink.

I also noticed that Italian Barber sells these blades in 10 packs.

In any event mine are great shaving blades and I hope yours are too.
image.jpg

Last edited:
The actual blade looks just like mine. Since mine came in 5 packs the end reads 5 blades not 10 blades. I can’t read Arabic but there is more writing on your packaging. Mine do not mention the St. Petersburg plant but they do refer to Gillette.com on the 100 pack. It is funny because all of my other PPI blades refer to St. Petersburg. The individual tucks also have a serial or production number on them that seems to be pressed in with no ink.

I also noticed that Italian Barber sells these blades in 10 packs.

In any event mine are great shaving blades and I hope yours are too.View attachment 1302571
Mine look exactly like yours, and I do not notice any difference than the ones that I had in the sample pack that mentioned St Petersburg on the packaging.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

The 50 Astra SS arrived (they are inscribed with the laser).
I tried one and I remained mute of admiration. It is the best blade I tried. Together with the starting device 0.9, forms an unbeatable torque. BBS without pic of burn from the alaun block. In Romania there is a weak, unfairly quoted blade. I'm sorry I did not buy more! I dearly recommend those who have not tried these blades

Top Bottom