What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Wow- the price of Russian blades appears to have doubled since the last time I bought any, which was in 2015/2016. Many of the best brands were between $4 and $5 per 100. The exchange rate was so favorable then.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Recently I picked up 500 Polsilver SI blades but in head to head testing with Wizamet SI blades I found that the Wizamet SI lasted longer and felt slightly smoother to me. So I sold 400 of the Polsilver blades and bought 500 Wizamet blades (two sleeves of 250 blades) with the money from the Polsilvers and even had a little bit left over. The Wizamet SI blades are currently selling for $44.95 for a 250 sleeve but if you buy two sleeves the cost drops to $40.45 a sleeve so the price per blade is slightly more than 16 cents a blade.

Where are you buying these blades?

Being Dutch and living in the Netherlands seeing my shave stuff collection I would not dare to say I am frugal.
Rofl not even sure if it runs in the family.
Currently bussy with selling of my passed away dads collections
100 shelf feet of stamps albums
100 plus paintings
Maybe around 1000 ceramics and pewter nick macks.
I can no longer count the books about art history and plants.
Not to mention tools and materials and lots of them badly abused.
And since I am the 4th generation in the house we (me and my mum) regularly find stuff from previous generations tooo.
Hoarders, collector’s maybe
Frugal doubt it this stuff was expensive and unfortunately is not in the current market

Last edited:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Being Dutch and living in the Netherlands seeing my shave stuff collection I would not dare to say I am frugal.
I have a convoluted explanation for this, coming from a guy who has enough blades to last 392 years. There are two things the Dutch in West Michigan hold firmly to for what it means to be Dutch. First, and foremost, is John Calvin and the Dutch Reformed Church. The second is the image of our "Dutchness" expressed in our annual Tulip Time Festival. Both of these views are so brilliantly expressed in the photo below taken in Holland Michigan.
AR-201109975.jpg

As you can see we never let reality get in the way of our delusions. This is important. This means I can be totally out of control with my acquisition disorders and still believe I'm "Dutch frugal". Where as you have a more sober assessment of reality.

I have a convoluted explanation for this, coming from a guy who has enough blades to last 392 years. There are two things the Dutch in West Michigan hold firmly to for what it means to be Dutch. First, and foremost, is John Calvin and the Dutch Reformed Church. The second is the image of our "Dutchness" expressed in our annual Tulip Time Festival. Both of these views are so brilliantly expressed in the photo below taken in Holland Michigan.
View attachment 1271778
As you can see we never let reality get in the way of our delusions. This is important. This means I can be totally out of control with my acquisition disorders and still believe I'm "Dutch frugal". Where as you have a more sober assessment of reality.
This year tulip corso float rides were cancelled overhere due to covid. OTOH no tourists so we had the fields for ourselves

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This year tulip corso float rides were cancelled overhere due to covid. OTOH no tourists so we had the fields for ourselves
That would be neat. The floats were canceled here as well for the second year. I believe they limited tours to the gardens according to CDC guidelines. I now live in Colorado. I grew up on the beach in Holland Michigan. My friend, and neighbor, Walter was a German. His relatives would come and visit from Germany on holidays. They'd go the the beach and dig holes. There'd be one German standing per hole lol. Walter hated that his relatives did this, as per all the complaints from the neighbors as well. Sometimes it's nice to be without all the tourists. At least for moments.
IMG_0136.jpg

Last edited:
That would be neat. The floats were canceled here as well for the second year. I believe they limited tours to the gardens according to CDC guidelines. I now live in Colorado. I grew up on the beach in Holland Michigan. My friend, and neighbor, Walter was a German. His relatives would come and visit from Germany on holidays. They'd go the the beach and dig holes. There'd be one German standing per hole lol. Walter hated that his relatives did this, as per all the complaints from the neighbors as well. Sometimes it's nice to be without all the tourists. At least for moments.
View attachment 1271868
Well the Germans still do the same overhere. so we still do the same and tease them to pronounce Scheveningen
I live in a small town near Leiden so very close to the tulip fields and the sea. And usually lots of local tourists with boats on the lake.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Well the Germans still do the same overhere. so we still do the same and tease them to pronounce Scheveningen
I live in a small town near Leiden so very close to the tulip fields and the sea. And usually lots of local tourists with boats on the lake.
That's like us getting tourist to pronounce gezelligheid and trying dubbel zout licorice.

That's like us getting tourist to pronounce gezelligheid and trying dubbel zout licorice.
Just for that last reason I should get the Australian licorice soap.
would make Dutch girls salivating otoh might make all other girls throw up.
Once I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic and the waitress borrowed my licorice… I heard screams of people being poisoned all over the place glad I had a second box.. definitely an acquired Taste.

I have a 100-pack of Polsilver SI that I picked up around 5 years ago for $16. Most of those I still have, because I found I like Feather better. Picked up 200 Feather around 4 years ago for €33. Still have plenty left.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Just for that last reason I should get the Australian licorice soap.
would make Dutch girls salivating otoh might make all other girls throw up.
Once I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic and the waitress borrowed my licorice… I heard screams of people being poisoned all over the place glad I had a second box.. definitely an acquired Taste.
There is such a soap?!?! I must have the name! Do you know it? I'll order two to be frugal and save on shipping. I have Focus Senateur from Italy. It has a nice licorice scent with a hint of vanilla, but it's a little too subtle. An Aussie licorice scented soap peaks my interest.

There is such a soap?!?! I must have the name! Do you know it? I'll order two to be frugal and save on shipping. I have Focus Senateur from Italy. It has a nice licorice scent with a hint of vanilla, but it's a little too subtle. An Aussie licorice scented soap peaks my interest.

And if you like Dutch soap try scheermonnik no licorice but outstanding soap

Raven Koenes

My precious!

And if you like Dutch soap try scheermonnik no licorice but outstanding soap
Thank you. I will sing your praises. I have Schheermonnik Delfts Wit. It's good soap.

Aghhh, it's sold out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom