What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Wonderful !
Where from ? and by how much?
Please, if it is possible to post a photo with a one blade. Write on them Super Iridium or just Extra Stainless ?
I got them from a forum member in Bulgaria. I traded a razor for them. I am not going to unwrap one just to take a photo but perhaps next time I load one I will as I am currently using a Wilkinson Sword. The blades say Super Iridium and Extra Stainless. They look identical to my Wizamet blades and shave the same.

165 Indian Gillette Wilkinson Swords. Got them in a BST trade. Three Salon packs with each box having five tucks of eleven blades. Closest blade I have found to the original IPs (Israeli Personnas).

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Latest 200 Feather blades two weeks ago. I purchased them because I was down to my last pack of 5.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Weird... I can’t purchase them through this link. It says it can’t be shipped internationally.... looks like I’ll be missing out on these
Amazon US has the Israeli Reds in the new blue packages for around $23 for 200. I never used the new blue packs, but i have used the older style blue EU packaging for the IP and can confirm they are the same as the Reds. One of the postings has the older blue EU packaging, but the photos in the more recent reviews show the new blue packaging. So they are out there. And if you get them on Amazon, just check the return policy so you can send them back if its not the right blades. Good luck.

Amazon US has the Israeli Reds in the new blue packages for around $23 for 200. I never used the new blue packs, but i have used the older style blue EU packaging for the IP and can confirm they are the same as the Reds. One of the postings has the older blue EU packaging, but the photos in the more recent reviews show the new blue packaging. So they are out there. And if you get them on Amazon, just check the return policy so you can send them back if its not the right blades. Good luck.
LOL this is what happens when you don’t have your morning coffee first. I’ll have to poke around US Amazon a bit

Just ordered a 100-pack of Derby Extra, the newer version.
I have a couple of the old version at home and I wanted to see how the "new" version is

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Great Blades! Speaking of Polsilver, look what the Postman brought today! 500 Polsilver SI! Why? Because Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI are my favorite blades.

View attachment 1228362

Wow! I purchase 600 Wizamet SI's about 8 years ago and just recently used the very last blade from that score. Enjoyed every one of them. I also picked up quite a few years back, about a 1000 Polsilver SI's when Wizamet became hard to find.

For the last 5 years or so, to me, I couldn't tell a difference between the two, believing they are the same. However, this last year, they seemed to not be giving me the same quality of shaves as I am used to with them. They're still ok shaving, but seem a bit rougher at times, or it seems that I nick myself a bit more than usual with them. I even used to always count on 5-7 shaves from a blade at least and now it seems to be 3- shaves consistently.

I figured, either my skin has changed over the years as I get older? Or the 800 Polsilver SI's I have left over the years, the edges are beginning to oxidate and dull inside the packages? While I do store them in an airtight plastic container in the closet, the walk in closet is in the bathroom itself.

Surely it couldn't be humidity?

Wow! I purchase 600 Wizamet SI's about 8 years ago and just recently used the very last blade from that score. Enjoyed every one of them. I also picked up quite a few years back, about a 1000 Polsilver SI's when Wizamet became hard to find.

For the last 5 years or so, to me, I couldn't tell a difference between the two, believing they are the same. However, this last year, they seemed to not be giving me the same quality of shaves as I am used to with them. They're still ok shaving, but seem a bit rougher at times, or it seems that I nick myself a bit more than usual with them. I even used to always count on 5-7 shaves from a blade at least and now it seems to be 3- shaves consistently.

I figured, either my skin has changed over the years as I get older? Or the 800 Polsilver SI's I have left over the years, the edges are beginning to oxidate and dull inside the packages? While I do store them in an airtight plastic container in the closet, the walk in closet is in the bathroom itself.

Surely it couldn't be humidity?
I don't know. I have mine in a big gallon Ziploc bag in a drawer in my bathroom. Maybe I should move them to my bedroom closet for better humidity protection. My bathroom has a good vent fan and my wife and I both leave the bathroom door open when showering as well (we have a master bath). Probably best not to take chances.

I don't know. I have mine in a big gallon Ziploc bag in a drawer in my bathroom. Maybe I should move them to my bedroom closet for better humidity protection. My bathroom has a good vent fan and my wife and I both leave the bathroom door open when showering as well (we have a master bath). Probably best not to take chances.
All my blades are in a bedroom dresser drawer in ziploc bags and silica salt. Would never take a chance in a bathroom, especially where I live in a high humidity climate.

A 200 pack of Shark SS blades.

I hated them (or thought I did after a few bad shaves over the years) and tried a couple last week and really liked them. 200 for under $20, so why not?

I have too many blades now.... I hope I can still shave myself in my 130’s. 😝

I recently ran across a great deal on a 100 pk of the Wilkinson Sword blades made in Germany.
I like these blades anyway, and the deal was just too good to pass up !

Purchased 100 Rapira Super Stainless for less than $8, a bargain. First time trying them but I was optimistic after liking all the other Mostochlegmash blades. I'm really happy with them, they feel very much like the Rapira Platinum Lux while slightly less smooth than the Swedish Stainless.

IMG_2646 (1).jpg

100 Tiger Platinum, because Czech blades are the 4. manufacturer whose blades work for me according to my test*.
Also 100 Rapira Swedish, because I ran out of those.

*the other 3 being ASR (US made only), Feather and Mostochlegmash. And by test, I mean at least 1 brand of all other manufacturers out there, on 6 continents. In other words, roughly 12 other manufacturers and roughly 30 other brands have disappointed me since I began DE shaving.

Top Bottom