What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Astra SS (Blue) - Because many state they like the SS better than the SP (Green, which I love), and they were only $7 on Amazon.
PLEASE let us know how you like them. I literally could not tell the difference between them and GSB if I let someone else load my razor.

I know the feeling. Super-Max factory is 20 minutes from my work place in the same "Thane" area zip code, but I doubt, if I go knock on their doors - they will sell me any blades fresh off the assembly lines!!
Maybe if you hand out around the loading bay, you'll get lucky and they'll leave a crate or two unattended 😂

Derby Extra “Plastic Free Version”. I have always liked the shave I get from Derby Extra blades, sort of strange though as I don’t consider them on the sharp side but they give me a smooth shave and a great feel after. The thing that stopped me from buying them was the plastic frame tuck they came in. Problem solved, 100 pack that is bulk plastic free. I wish more manufacturers would do this.

500 more Wizamets
I buy that they are relabled Polsilvers and the work great for me.

By Wizamets you most probably mean "Iridium -Super". And by Polsilver you most probably mean "Polsilver Super Iridium". They are the same blade.
I haven't been posting in this thread for quite some time. I buy a 100 every week, sometimes 200. My last purhase made today was another 100 of the Crown Platinum. Why? Because I like them very much. Also because an ebay seller made a pretty good offer. I counteroffered and he agreed to my price. :devil:

By Wizamets you most probably mean "Iridium -Super". And by Polsilver you most probably mean "Polsilver Super Iridium". They are the same blade.
I haven't been posting in this thread for quite some time. I buy a 100 every week, sometimes 200. My last purhase made today was another 100 of the Crown Platinum. Why? Because I like them very much. Also because an ebay seller made a pretty good offer. I counteroffered and he agreed to my price. :devil:
Right on both accounts.
ED137DBC-6C63-4E34-A214-9751E16A1989.jpeg

7861FEC2-09BB-41E4-9AD8-D52D3C70B797.jpeg
Over 5,000 blades a year sounds a bit excessive. How long do you intend to shave on this mortal plane?

I guess 2-3k of blades will get me over next 40-50 years if even necessary...

Right on both accounts.
View attachment 1224948

View attachment 1224952Over 5,000 blades a year sounds a bit excessive. How long do you intend to shave on this mortal plane?

I guess 2-3k of blades will get me over next 40-50 years if even necessary...
I have been buying often only during the last few months. Most of my stash has been accumulated during the last 15 years. I have reached the 15000 mark now and am going to stop. Seriously. I am waiting for 2 or 3 100 pcs orders and that will be it.

I have been buying often only during the last few months. Most of my stash has been accumulated during the last 15 years. I have reached the 15000 mark now and am going to stop. Seriously. I am waiting for 2 or 3 100 pcs orders and that will be it.
Congratulations on achieving your goal :thumbsup: as said my aspirations are a bit more modest.

Not quite a "100 blade purchase" but combined I've bought over 100 blades in sample packs, NOS blades and some Asda Personna's (I shop there every week, yet never thought to pick up a pack before) within the last week. I'm still fairly new to DE shaving, so I'm still enjoying trying out different blades. I'm also waiting on 50 Sharp Star blades to arrive in the post

1613746623796.png
1613746637908.png

1613746648206.png

1613746666741.png

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Not quite a "100 blade purchase" but combined I've bought over 100 blades in sample packs, NOS blades and some Asda Personna's (I shop there every week, yet never thought to pick up a pack before) within the last week. I'm still fairly new to DE shaving, so I'm still enjoying trying out different blades. I'm also waiting on 50 Sharp Star blades to arrive in the post

Enjoy those Sputniks. Out of all those blades in your photos, I like the Sputniks. Sharp and smooth. But of course its a ymmv thing. Enjoy!

Another 100 lab blues, because if push comes to shove and the bladepocalypse happens, I can always use them.

Gillette Platinums (dark blue and white packaging) because they were affordable and I read enough here to make me curious.

I've used Med Preps and Lab Preps more or less exclusively for the last 7 years, but I recently shaved through a 5-pack of GSBs and a tuck of Treet Dura-Sharps, and I liked both enough to make me want to scratch the blade experimentation itch for a while. To that end, I bought a hundred assorted blades, 5-20 of each of these:

Gillette 7 O'Clock Black
Lord Super Chrome
Lord Platinum Premium
Gillette Nacet
Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword
Perma-Sharp Super
BIC Chrome Platinum
Gillette Platinum "New Swede" (light blue packaging)

Top Bottom