What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

It has been very thoroughly documented that the modern Polsilver and modern current Wizamet blades are the same exact blade in a different box. Since these are my main blades, I have used untold dozens of these things, and have compared them very closely. I can not tell a single difference between the two. I treat them as one and the same. In fact I have stopped looking for Polsilver blades becasue the Wizemets are readily available and exactly the same blade as far as I'm concerned. Any perceived difference may just be in your head. :)

I think Im set for a while. :eek2:

View attachment 1221418

Nice collection! 👍 I currently have 1,000 Wizamets and 1,500 in the mail. Great blade and one of my favorites.

Why? These are nice blades for me. Sharp, smooth, and comfortable for all my razors. W
20210206_200942.jpg

Personnas?
Possibly... There was a thread here about this blade and Personna was mention.

20210213_003908.jpg

Whew! It‘s ages since I bought any new blades - days ago!
But I can relax a little for now...

110 of these:

View attachment 1217067

and 220 of these:

View attachment 1217068

Why? Well, the Super-Max, because I got good shaves with the first batch; and the Gillette Wilkinson Sword, because I’ve a couple hundred of the German Wilkos, and like them, but none of Gillette’s Indian version. So why not?😝

Two different sellers from India, and I’m impressed with how the blades were packed in plastic lidded boxes!

Verdict on the two blades ?

I find the Super-Max edge to be dull and a bit tuggy and the Indian Wilkinson sword confuses me as i find it harsh and trying to figure out if I love it or if it loves my face !! The chinese Wilkinson Sword are fantastic smooth blade on my face !

Verdict on the two blades ?

I find the Super-Max edge to be dull and a bit tuggy and the Indian Wilkinson sword confuses me as i find it harsh and trying to figure out if I love it or if it loves my face !! The chinese Wilkinson Sword are fantastic smooth blade on my face !
The first use of the Super-Max was great, in the Rockwell 6s on plate 5; the second use on plate 4 wasn’t quite as close, but was still very smooth. I didn’t rate it enough to give it a third try, but then again I usually only give blades two uses anyway.

I haven’t tried the Gillette Wilkinson Sword yet, but bought them to compare with the German non-Gillette ones, which have given me some great results. They’re in the box calling to me, but so are London Bridge, Minoras, Rubies, Trigs, Treet New Steel, and about 5,500 others! 😱 Believe me, when I pull that box out, it’s deafening! 😁

‘Course, now you’ve made me think about those Chinese Wilkos!🤔

Funny thing is that the first time I ever saw these blades was in 2016 in Singapore. Went all the way there to find blades made 20 minutes from house.
Hey, @BradWorld, thanks for your comment. Yup, I've read your post and I agree with you that Mustapa Centre & surrounding area in Singapore is the perfect place to get shaving supplies especially DE blades. I went there multiple times and my 1st brush and cream were from there. There's another place nearby is the Haniffa.
Incredible to find blades made near your house half-way around the world...hahaha. Nowadays, no more crisscrossing between Malaysia and Singapore anymore due to the current situation.

Personna lab blues. I had only occasionally used these as unbranded USA blades that came with a razor purchase and another dispenser that I mysteriously acquired. My Blackland Tradere SB came with several lab blues and after using both the newest blades and the indistinguishable unlabeled blades I have determined that they are worthy of my top tier. I also like the fact that there is no annoying gum on them.

Final update on my purchase of 250 Wizamets via Wizashave.

Unfortunately the package didn’t showed up in the agreed time (ordered Dec. 27th) but Mohamed/Wizashave, class act that he is, refunded in full without a fuss.

So the issues with postal services/couriers and international shipments is far from over.

Last edited:
120 Schick ProLine P-30 for my Feather AC clones and 40 Schick ProLine B-20 for my Parker adjustable injector.
I have allready some P-30 blades and I like them, I expect I like the B-20 the same

Whew! It‘s ages since I bought any new blades - days ago!
But I can relax a little for now...

110 of these:

View attachment 1217067

and 220 of these:

View attachment 1217068

Why? Well, the Super-Max, because I got good shaves with the first batch; and the Gillette Wilkinson Sword, because I’ve a couple hundred of the German Wilkos, and like them, but none of Gillette’s Indian version. So why not?😝

Two different sellers from India, and I’m impressed with how the blades were packed in plastic lidded boxes!

There's also a Chinese version of the Gillette Wilkinson (same name and packaging but it will say made in China). Not that I'm enabling your "Badosoraus" or anything...😂

100 GEM PTFE Single Edge blades from "Razor Blade Company" for $21.00 ($5.00 shipping from CA)--crazy thing is that the blades are manufactured in Verona VA (about two hours from my house). I wish they had a factory outlet store to purchase from because it's about 5 minutes from a large antique mall (over 135,000 square feet) which would at least make the drive worth it.

Funny thing is that the first time I ever saw these blades was in 2016 in Singapore. Went all the way there to find blades made 20 minutes from house.

I know the feeling. Super-Max factory is 20 minutes from my work place in the same "Thane" area zip code, but I doubt, if I go knock on their doors - they will sell me any blades fresh off the assembly lines!!

Top Bottom