What's new

What's your goto shave stick?

Your best shave sticks (Price/size/performance), what do you recommend?

• Total voters

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Since I've started the Shave Stick Review Project, I try to review and find the ultimate shave stick. I have an opinion on what I like and dislike. However, what if those top shave sticks could be voted on by the community? It's very possible that my favourite shave stick isn't your and vice-versa (and that's okay).

I'm curious to see where those would stand versus the membership. I'm putting a poll as multiple choices but limited to 3 products. I mean, you probably love more than 3 products but if I allow the maximum (10 choices), some would pick 10 choices.

I know that I might have missed some popular items. I tried to go with the products that are in production and that generated a lot of discussion. There's more out there but I can only put 10 choices. I will put my 3 choices, what are yours?

I have only tried Arko, Palmolive & erasmic from your list.
Palmolive & Arko are about even & I could go either way on those.
Erasmic ( red box tallow not glycerine) was probably the worst soap I have ever used.

I have Derby & Wilkinson sword to test at some point.

Others I have tried are Boots & Lea.

The Arko/Palmolive was better IMO

I have refrained from voting because of this.

In order of performance in the 4 sticks that I have, Tabac is number 1 by a decent margin.
1. Tabac
2. La Toja
3. Speick
4. Palmolive

DR Harris is great and deserves to be listed twice!!

2 drh sticks.jpg

I only have used Arko and Wilkinson's Sword, and I really like the Arko stick. Wilkinson's is good, but around here it costs too much for what it it. I have a Derby stick to try later. Has anyone tried the Razor Rock sticks?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I wanted to vote for DR Harris, Palmolive, Speick, & Wilkinson Sword but it only allowed 3 selections.

Tabac is a quality product, inexpensive, long-lasting, and it comes in a really great package. What's not to like? Palmolive isn't bad and if I could buy it at European prices, I'd use it all the time. Arko just doesn't work for me. It lathers great, but it burns my face ... and then there's that odor. I've used other soaps as a stick, not grating them up but rubbing the puck on my face. MWF works better as a "stick", I think, than as a bowl soap. The only failure I had was Cella, too soft and gummy. Others have said Cella in a stick is terrific, though. If there's a secret to making a stick out of Cella, let me know. It's one of my favorite soaps.

Of the ones I've tried, it would be Speick, La Toja and Wilkinson Sword. I'm also very fond of Haslinger converted into a stick.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
My top 2 are Speick and La Toja. Currently out of Speick and haven’t restocked but have plenty of La Toja so it wins as my “go to” since I can actually go to it.

I will admit my favorite is actually Speick, La Toja 2nd.

Arko is magic. That stuff just explodes into a thick, rich, slick, yogurty lather on my face with practically zero effort.

Honorable mention goes to Vinolia, which I like even better than Arko but is nigh impossible to find.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Arko is my go-to stick due to price versus performance. And arko seems to last for eons. But for overall performance Ogalalla and PAA sticks are super slick, with awesome scents. However they are softer sticks, and don’t last nearly as long as arko. Plus they are quite a bit more expensive. PAA Club Guy stick has given me a lot of enjoyable shaves.

Top Bottom